Assurance - Fraud Investigation & Dispute Services - Senior Accountant
Location: CN-Hong Kong-Hong Kong
Our Assurance group is one of the most trusted, respected and influential organizations in the industry. As part of our team, you will provide peace of mind to clients by using your skills and experience to give companies, investors and regulators confidence in the validity of financial statements and business-critical information or processes. Groups (or, as we call them, sub-service lines) within Assurance include External Audit, Climate Change and Sustainability Services, Financial Accounting Advisory Services and Fraud Investigation & Dispute Services.
Join Fraud Investigation & Dispute Services within Assurance and you will help clients work through complex issues of fraud, regulatory compliance and business disputes. You will be part of a multidisciplinary, culturally aligned team that works with clients and their legal advisors.
You will experience ongoing professional development through diverse experiences, world-class learning and individually tailored coaching. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Our Fraud Investigation & Dispute Services (FIDS) professionals assist clients to deal with complex issues related to fraud, forensic accounting, regulatory compliance and business disputes. As a FIDS Senior, you will technically contribute to client engagements and internal projects. As part of this team, you will assist clients to conduct independent internal investigations and participate in forensic accounting matters to analyze complex financial transactions and accounting irregularities. Working under the supervision of managers and senior managers, you will lead selected investigation work streams and present its findings and recommendations to the client. You will develop work plans and supervise staff accountants in the execution of work steps. With a clear focus on anticipating and identifying risks, you will escalate issues as appropriate. An important part of your role will be actively establishing, maintaining and strengthening internal and external relationships. As an influential member of the team, you will help to create a positive learning culture through coaching and counseling staff accountants and helping them to develop their potential.
- Lead engagement teams to assist in performing fraud investigations, forensic accounting engagements and financial and economic damages analyses.
- Collaborate to plan the engagement, direct daily field work, inform managers of the engagement status and manage staff performance.
- Prepare analyses and draft reports that will be part of the client deliverable.
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with client personnel and legal counsel.
- Stay informed of business/economic developments and their impact to the client.
- Work effectively as a team member sharing responsibility, providing support, maintaining communication, and updating senior team members on the progress.
- Build strong internal relationships within Assurance Services and across other services
Qualifications, Education and Certification
To qualify, candidates must have:
- Strong academic record including a Bachelor’s Degree.
- 2-4 years experience (in financial statement audit peak season) with a Big-4 international public accounting firm.
- Excellent communication and prioritization skills.
- Proficient in English, both spoken and written.
- Strong teamwork and leadership skills.
- Result-oriented with an attention to details.
- Creativeness and ability to think outside-the-box.
- Willingness to travel.
- Substantial knowledge of PC-based tools, including spreadsheets (Microsoft Excel) and databases (Microsoft Access).
- High performers (i.e., exceeding expectation ratings) and professional accountancy certifications (e.g., CICPA, ACCA) are preferred.
- Less experience will be considered as Staff Accountant.
- Certified Public Accountant (CICPA)
- Chartered Certified Accountant (ACCA)
- External Audit
- Financial Statements
- Forensic Accounting
- Microsoft Access
- Microsoft Excel