Assurance - Forensic Technology & Discovery Services - Senior Associate
Location: CN-Hong Kong-Hong Kong
Our Assurance group is one of the most trusted, respected and influential organizations in the industry. As part of our team, you will provide peace of mind to clients by using your skills and experience to give companies, investors and regulators confidence in the validity of financial statements and business-critical information or processes. Groups (or, as we call them, sub-service lines) within Assurance include External Audit, Climate Change and Sustainability Services, Financial Accounting Advisory Services and Fraud Investigation & Dispute Services.
Join Fraud Investigation & Dispute Services within Assurance and you will help clients work through complex issues of fraud, regulatory compliance and business disputes. You will be part of a multidisciplinary, culturally aligned team that works with clients and their legal advisors.
You will experience ongoing professional development through diverse experiences, world-class learning and individually tailored coaching. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Our innovative Forensic Technology & Discovery Services (FTDS) team, a specialty group within Fraud Investigation & Dispute Services, provides leading technology and expertise in data driven support of complex litigation cases and business issues, allowing our clients and their counsel to make informed, strategic decisions. The services which we provide are wide ranging and include dispute resolution, fraud and other financial investigations, anti-money laundering, construction claims, licensing examinations and insurance claim reviews.
We help clients proactively prevent and detect fraud, waste and abuse by leveraging the knowledge inside all of a client's structured and unstructured data assets. This is achieved by combining deep forensic investigation knowledge with advanced data analytics techniques such as investigative data linking, social network analysis, statistics, artificial intelligence, machine learning & predictive modeling.
EY is on the cutting-edge in current trends in fraud and forensic investigations and serves as a quality-focused liaison between our clients and the law. We have staff and offices in Hong Kong, Shanghai, Beijing, Singapore, Seoul, Manila, Kuala Lumpur and Jakarta, as well as Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide and Auckland. We are part of a global network of over 1000 forensic services professionals within the EY global organization.
We are currently seeking Manager candidates to join our dynamic and talent FTDS team.
- Working on client engagement managing teams and carrying out both reactive and proactive forensic analysis of large amounts of structured and unstructured data involving a wide range of advanced data analysis technology, database management software.
- Business Intelligence reporting and visualization software.
- Working with clients, fraud investigators, internal & external auditors, lawyers and regulatory authorities in sometimes sensitive and adversarial situations.
- Leading small and/or large teams in our specialist forensic technology data analytics lab and on site to help clients leverage knowledge from their data for measurement of fraud risks and losses, prevention, continuous monitoring, detection and investigation of occupational fraud, waste and abuse, financial crime, regulatory breaches and other forms of non compliant or improper and wasteful activities.
- Educating clients and fraud examiners on the benefits of forensic data analysis and how it can be aplied to their issues
Qualifications, Education and Certification
To qualify, candidates must have:
- Bachelor's degree in a numerate discipline e.g. Mathematic, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science with a strong computer programming component, Masters or PhD is preferred.
- At least 3 years of working experience in Accounting or Financial industry; experience in forensic investigation, including computer forensics and data analysis, is preferable.
- Strong experience in data analytics applied preferably in a forensic technology department of professional services firm or fraud risk management department of a large organization.
- Exposure to all stage of data analytics project lifecycle (identification, extraction, load, transform/shape, analyse, report) both from a design and implementation perspective.
- Demonstrable understanding of data quality risks and ability to carry out necessary quality checks to validate results obtained.
- Proven hands-on experience in the use of at least one advanced data analysis platform (e.g. SAS, R, Tableau, TIBCO Spotfire, Polyanalyst, Matlab, SPSS).
- Experience with big data analytics platforms such as Palantir or Splunk would be an advantage.
- Sound knowledge of Encase Forensics, Linux, Linen, Access Data.
- Sound knowledge of programming,VB.NET, C#.NET, PERL or other programming experience.
- Sound knowledge of eDiscovery processing and hosting/review platforms.
- Sound knowledge of ERP systems such as SAP, Oracle Financials, or PeopleSoft.
- Articulate, with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Adaptable, able to interact and build strong relationships with people from a diverse range of backgrounds.
- Fast learner with a willing attitude.
- Intellectually rigorous, with strong analytical skills and a passion for data.
- Tenacious, with a desire to "get to the bottom" of things with sound logical reasoning and deep thinking ability.
- Ability to work accurately to a high level of detail.
- Well-organized with experience of project management.
- Strong demonstrated ability to lead teams of skilled analysts.
- Travelling is required.
- Anti Money Laundering (AML)
- Big Data
- Business Intelligence
- C (Programming Language)
- Computer Programming
- Data Analysis
- Database Administration
- Machine Learning
- Microsoft Access
- Oracle Database
- Oracle Financials
- Oracle PeopleSoft
- Perl Programming
- Project Management
- Risk Management
- SAS (Statistical Software)