- Financial Reporting
Assurance - Financial Accounting Advisory Services - Senior Accountant
Location: CN-Hong Kong-Hong Kong
Within EY's Assurance service line, Financial Accounting Advisory Services (FAAS) professionals provide advisory services encompassing accounting and regulatory support on accounting change and special matters, accounting processes and controls support (remediation, long-term contract accounting and cost accounting), GAAP conversion and implementation, IPO and other public offering assistance, on call financial reporting advice, and transaction accounting and financial reporting assistance (purchase price allocation).
- Participate in daily FAAS engagements.
- Receive directions from Manager, Senior Manager, Director and Partner and execute procedures using the FAAS service delivery framework.
- Ensure quality in delivering client service by directing daily progress of fieldwork, informing supervisors of engagement status.
- Follow through on client requests in a timely fashion, and manage expectations regarding the timing of deliverables and reports.
- Discuss moderately complex accounting with the engagement team and client management. Analyze evidence, reach conclusions, interpret and apply standards, and identify non-compliance while applying a balanced view of all client matters.
- Apply independent and objective professional judgment in applying auditing and accounting standards to meet engagement expectations, including regulatory requirements.
- Review work of professionals to ensure completeness, accuracy, and proper documentation. Provide daily guidance and coaching to professionals and help mentor, develop and evaluate them.
- Archive FAAS engagements in a timely manner and in compliance with organization policy.
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with client personnel and assess client satisfaction.
To qualify, you must be able to meet with the following requirements:
- A Bachelor's degree or a Master's degree in accounting, economics, finance, mathematics, or related discipline.
- 2-4 years’ experience working as an auditor for a public accounting firm and particular business/ industry experience to meet special needs.
- CPA/ ACCA certification or be preparing to become licensed.
- A good understanding of PRC GAAP, IFRS or other reporting standards.
- Strong written and verbal communication, presentation, client service and technical writing skills.
- Flexibility and willingness to travel on short notice, as necessary.
Who we are:
At EY, we support you in achieving your unique potential wherever you are in the world - both personally and professionally. We give you stretching and rewarding experiences that keep you motivated, working in an atmosphere of integrity and teaming with some of the world's most successful companies. And while we encourage you to take personal responsibility for your career, we support you in your professional development in every way we can. You enjoy the flexibility to devote time to what matters to you, in your business and personal life. At EY, we know it's your point of view, energy and enthusiasm that make the difference.
- Certified Public Accountant (HKICPA)
- Chartered Certified Accountant (ACCA)