- External Audit
- Financial Statements
- Microsoft Access
- Microsoft Excel
- Risk Management
Assurance – Audit Services - Senior Accountant
Location: CN-Hong Kong-Hong Kong
Our Assurance group is one of the most trusted, respected and influential organizations in the industry. As part of our team, you will provide peace of mind to clients by using your skills and experience to give companies, investors and regulators confidence in the validity of financial statements and business-critical information or processes. Groups (or, as we call them, sub-service lines) within Assurance include External Audit, Climate Change and Sustainability Services, Financial Accounting Advisory Services and Fraud Investigation & Dispute Services.
Join our External Audit team and you will help our clients meet their reporting requirements by providing an objective and independent examination of their financial statements, timely and constructive discussion with management on accounting and reporting matters, and a robust and clear perspective to audit committees.
You will experience ongoing professional development through diverse experiences, world-class learning and individually tailored coaching. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
As an Assurance Senior, you'll make a technical contribution to audit client engagements and internal projects. Within your role, you'll actively establish, maintain and strengthen internal and external relationships, execute complex assurance procedures, supervise junior engagement team members and help define the audit strategy. Working under the supervision of an assurance manager and senior manager, you'll help execute our work and present its findings to the client.
With a clear focus on anticipating and identifying risks, you'll escalate issues as appropriate. Working closely with colleagues, you'll determine whether the work plan is properly executed, documented and concluded in compliance with our Quality & Risk Management (Q&RM) guidelines. As an influential member of the team, you'll help to create a positive learning culture, coach and counsel junior team members and help them to develop.
- Support the planning, execution and delivery of assurance engagements.
- Work effectively as a team member, sharing responsibility, providing support, maintaining communication and updating senior team members on progress.
- Assist in preparing reports and schedules that will be delivered to clients and other parties.
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with client personnel.
- Build strong internal relationships within EY Assurance and across other services.
- Coach, supervise and conduct performance reviews and contribute to performance feedback for staff.
- Contribute to people initiatives, including recruiting and retaining assurance professionals.
- Maintain an educational program to continually develop personal skills of all staff.
- Understand and follow workplace policies and procedures.
Qualifications, Education and Certification
To qualify, candidates must have:
- Strong academic record including a Bachelor’s Degree.
- 2-4 years’ experience as an auditor in a public accounting firm.
- Thorough knowledge of current auditing techniques.
- Experience of the entire audit process.
- Familiar with HK GAAP.
- Understanding of risk-based auditing and risk and control strategies.
- Understanding of Q&RM procedures.
- Compliance with and understanding of regulatory requirements.
- Excellent communication and prioritization skills.
- Proficient in English, both spoken and written.
- Strong teamwork and leadership skills.
- Result-oriented with an attention to details.
- Creativeness and ability to think outside-the-box.
- Willingness to travel.
- Substantial knowledge of PC-based tools, including spreadsheets (Microsoft Excel) and databases (Microsoft Access).
- High performers (i.e., exceeding expectation ratings) and professional accountancy certifications (e.g. HKICPA, ACCA) are preferred.
- Certified Public Accountant (HKICPA)
- Chartered Certified Accountant (ACCA)