- Asset Allocation
- Hedge Funds
- Project Management
Assurance - Audit Services - Financial Services – Wealth and Asset Management – Manager
Location: CN-Hong Kong
"Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime"
Our Financial Services Organisation is a unique, industry-focused practice, and the only one of its kind within a Big 4 firm — and the Wealth and Asset Management is a key sector within this area. With strong functional capabilities, industry-leading technology and a varied range of knowledge, our clients look to us for assurance services they can rely on every time. And as an Audit Manager, you’ll be at the heart of that goal, personally visiting high-profile clients on site to understand their unique needs and build your reputation as a trusted business advisor.
This is an area that has seen substantial investment, focused on technology, knowledge and development for assurance professionals. You’ll see that reflected in your career, with plenty of opportunities to take on new responsibilities. That could mean developing a deep professional knowledge base in one area, or diversifying to audit in other markets such as wealth and asset management, hedge fund, and private equity.
- Develop/maintain strong working relationships with key business decision makers throughout the year to communicate value and inform them of the firm's scope of services. Provide guidance/expertise and participate in the performance of audit procedures, especially focusing on complex and/or specialized issues. Collaborate to plan objectives and determine an audit strategy that appropriately addresses risk. Establish the expectations of the value to be delivered. Successfully monitor the engagement team against the budget, and alter if necessary;
- Understand the client's industry and recognize key performance drivers, business trends, and emerging technical and industry developments. Stay informed of general business/economic developments and their impact to the client;
- Develop people by encouraging individuals to think for themselves and take responsibility for their contributions to the team. Successfully delegate to all levels of staff. Conduct performance reviews, serve as a positive leader and mentor, and contribute to performance feedback/training. Foster teamwork and lead by example;
- Use technology to continually learn, share knowledge with team members, and enhance service delivery. Maintain an educational program to continually develop skills. Maintain cooperative relationships with other engagement teams. Monitor the engagement team's progress against the plan and alter it when needed;
- Generate new business opportunities by developing ideas and solutions. Achieve growth by understanding EY and its service lines and actively assessing/presenting ways to apply knowledge and services. Develop long-term relationships and networks both internally and externally.
- An graduate degree in accounting and/or other appropriate academic major, as well as CPA certification;
- Approximately 5 – 8 years of experience working for a public accounting firm
- Excellent project management skills;
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills;
- A dedication to teamwork and leadership;
- Integrity within a professional environment;
- Excellent command of spoken and written English
- Mandarin/Cantonese is an advantage but not mandatory.
Who we are
At Ernst & Young, we support you in achieving your unique potential wherever you are in the world - both personally and professionally. We give you stretching and rewarding experiences that keep you motivated, working in an atmosphere of integrity and teaming with some of the world's most successful companies. And while we encourage you to take personal responsibility for your career, we support you in your professional development in every way we can. You enjoy the flexibility to devote time to what matters to you, in your business and personal life. At Ernst & Young, we know it's your point of view, energy and enthusiasm that make the difference.
Assurance gives organizations and their investors the confidence that the results they report give a true and fair picture of their business. As an assurance professional at Ernst & Young, you'll work in a high-performing and inclusive environment that offers you great opportunities to develop an interesting and fulfilling career, wherever you are in the world. You will work in multi-disciplinary teams to handle complex issues and resolve challenges for leading companies. We'll support you in your professional development so you achieve your potential. At Ernst & Young, we know it's your point of view, energy and enthusiasm that make the difference.
|Career Level||Intermediate (3-6 years)|
|Qualification||Certified Public Accountant (HKICPA)|
|Language||English, Cantonese, Mandarin (Putonghua)|