You may also like
Strategic Research Analyst
Chong Hing Bank
- Business Plans
- Report Writing
Senior Manager – Strategic Design (Interior Design)
New World Development
Senior Strategic Planner
Bank of China
AVP / Senior Associate, Strategic Advisory, Institutional Banking Group
RMB Business Div - Strategic Planner / Senior Strategic Planner
Bank of China
- Business Development
- Change Management
- Corporate Communications
- Relationship Management
APAC Strategic Pursuits Leader
Location: CN-Hong Kong-Hong Kong
The role of the Director Pursuits Leader within Global Pursuits Group (GPG) is best defined as “Team Leader” when facilitating the pursuit of new business, or maintaining existing business, and coaching EY teams in developing relationships at key buying influences which can include the “C Suite” level. This position has responsibility for: 1) stewarding the delivery and evangelizing pursuit excellence, pursuit methodologies and tools across the firm2) bring the firm’s best thinking and resources to improve win rates and ultimately win in the market. Aligns all pursuit activities with the firm’s objectives and drives the process to uncover all needs and issues of the potential client. The Director level role could be expected to handle Assignment Management Process responsibilities that are more strategic and complex in size and importance. This position is responsible for recruiting, supervising and mentoring other Pursuit Leaders and is expected to inspire others through action on Pursuits. This position determines other GPG roles required to meet Pursuit needs, i.e. Pursuit Strategists (CaPS) or Designers and executes accordingly.
Essential Functions of the Job:
Pursuit Strategy Leadership:
- Qualify the opportunity in terms of the firm’s objectives, global resources available to service the client, and current position in the overall competitive landscape.
- Make recommendations whether to pursue or decline the opportunity or pursuit to the Director of Global Pursuits and the Client Service Partner and/or other members of firm leadership and, if declined, recommend to leadership required changes to compete effectively in the future.
- Consult with key stakeholders to build an effective team which can meet the potential client’s objectives.
- Consult with key stakeholders to build and organize the appropriate pursuit team and make certain resources have the appropriate experience and competencies to respond effectively to the potential client’s needs.
- Lead pursuit strategy to properly position the firm’s thought leadership, global capabilities, resources, and overall credentials to positively distinguish firm from competitors.
- Consults with key stakeholders to create an effective client encounter.
- Evaluate effectiveness of the personal chemistry using the firm’s social style methodology between the client serving team and that of the client’s decision makers and adjust or coach the team accordingly.
- Facilitate, lead and coach oral preparations by developing orals strategy and coaching on presentation skills
- Consult with key stakeholders and devise key messages and win themes which illustrate the strengths and benefits the team/firm brings to bear to address the client’s needs.
- Drive the momentum of the pursuit and lead all members of the pursuit team to make certain that duties are shared appropriately and enthusiasm and motivation remain high.
- Drive realistic expectations, but cultivate a ‘meet and exceed’ environment.
- Supervise, recruit and manage other Pursuit Leaders
- Identify and expedite the largest and most strategic deals
- Coach/train PPEDDs and Senior managers on orals to ensure success
Pursuit Deliverable Management:
- Coordinate and lead kick-off strategy meeting and other meetings between team members on an on-going basis.
- Review proposal process, timeline and procedures established by Pursuit Strategist and teams with Pursuit Strategist on an on-going basis to monitor progress of all pursuit team members.
- Serve as a value proposition leader and help evaluate business issues and service responses required to meet potential clients’ needs.
- Work with Firm resources to facilitate and set-up demonstrations, videos, placemats, account brochures and other innovative client communications.
- Consult with key stakeholders to develop Voters Matrix, Miller Heiman Blue Sheet, Calendar of Events and contact list of potential client’s decision makers.
- Assist in the rewriting and customization of proposal and meeting materials to achieve readability and consistency of message and tone.
- Lead coaching sessions for meetings/orals and team with Pursuit Strategist to achieve consistency between the oral key themes and the written proposal.
- Provide regular updates on pursuit progress to firm leadership.
- Engage other elements of the Growth Optimization Team (GOT) to improve account penetration and win rates.
- Developing closing and negotiation strategy with the bid team.
Interaction with Pursuit Strategist/GPG Designer:
- Leverage Pursuit Strategist to lead content development of the proposal and meeting collateral.
- Team with Pursuit Strategist and GPG Designers in leveraging firm branding and knowledge of client to develop creative and effective materials.
- Coordinate with Pursuit Strategist and GPG Designers in relaying challenges to the Pursuit Team and keep Pursuit Strategist informed of any changes to the team, timeline, or campaign drivers.
- Establish and build relationships with local practice area and business development professionals.
- Team with Pursuit Strategists to monitor and analyze the impact of business/financial news and events on potential client.
- The Director will lead and/or participate in additional projects needed to move the function forward
- Other duties as required
- Build the brand for GPG in everything you do.
- Identify operational improvement opportunities and propose solutions on an on-going basis.
- Act as change agent for new business processes and procedures.
- Attend GPG meetings and contribute to development of department initiatives.
Analytical/Decision Making Responsibilities:
- This position considers various pursuits to attain new business, maintain existing business, and build relationships; build, organize, and lead appropriate pursuit teams; evaluate effectiveness of personal chemistry between pursuit team and client’s team; identify operational improvement opportunities; develop/execute winning strategies; shares best practices across GPG and firm; and act as a change agent for new processes and procedures.
- Given considerable discretion in making decisions concerning assigned pursuits, faces challenges that arise on these engagements and take accountability for the success or failure of the pursuit. Decisions and recommendations include advising leadership whether to decline or pursue a given engagement, and determining which client servers to bring into the proposal process.
- Assimilate ideas from multiple sources to create a cohesive piece of work.
- Uses in-depth knowledge of the client’s organization, markets, industry and competitor’s to anticipate complex issues and identify solutions.
This role has direct responsibility to recruit for and supervise other GPG Pursuit Leaders and once assigned to a deal, it is the Director’s responsibility to lead/coordinate the daily pursuit activities of the GPG team members (e.g. Pursuit Strategists, Graphic Designers) and those of the assigned client serving team. This role has overall accountability for the performance of the GPG team on individual pursuits and on other non-individual pursuit activities that will arise from time to time. This role is expected to influence key stakeholders to achieve objectives. The performance of the Director Pursuit Leader is measured by the attainment of established personal/group goals and objectives. Although this role reports directly to the Director of Global Pursuits, it operates with considerable autonomy.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements: