- Apache Hadoop
- Data Engineering
- Data Warehousing
- Database Administration
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Risk Management
- SAP HANA
Advisory - Risk - Risk Transformation - Senior Associate (Data Architect / Data Engineer)
Location: CN-Hong Kong-Hong Kong
EY is looking for a talented and experienced individual who would like to pursue a career on data architecture consulting.
The role of Data Analytics Professional, based in Hong Kong, will be responsible for designing and providing a range of data analytics services with direct exposure to internal and external clients alike; promoting, demonstrating and providing the benefits from the use of data analytics and executing the data architecture for our clients.The opportunity
We enhance performance through creating risk-enabled organizations. We help clients identify important risks, design frameworks to manage them and improve the effectiveness and efficiency of risk management. As a risk transformation professional, you will be addressing client issues such as business performance variability, business and process controls transformation; application security integrity, governance, risk and control (GRC) technology enablement, business and/or IT GRC, continuous monitoring, vendor and contract risk management and IT risk management. You will belong to an international network of specialists helping our clients transform risk functions and implement technology solutions that support risk management and governance.
We will support you with career-long training and coaching to develop your skills in risk strategy, risk function design, risk management and performance enhancement. As EY is a global leading service provider in this space, you will be working with the best of the best in a collaborative environment. So whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Your key responsibilities
- Identify, investigate, recommend and help implement approaches for data analytics
- Extract source data from multiple sources (e.g. ERP, HRIS, Flat-files), build data pipeline, stored procedures and design architecture
- Work with Business Analysts to help implement and maintain data warehouse for analytics services (e.g. Dashboard) and also ad-hoc reporting demand
- Design one data warehouse structure which could serve for the analytics demand from multiple departments in an organization
- Liaise with clients’ IT department to understand & identify their technical constraints/risk during both proposal and implementation stage, and take lead in proposing alternatives to our data analytics offerings
- Translate business users’ requirements into scripting language and feedback technical feasibility to business users
- Work with clients’ IT admin/ end users in documenting data warehouse procedures and data governance requirements
To qualify for the role you must have
- A university degree majoring in Computer Science, Information System, or Data Engineering related disciplines
- At least three years of relevant working experiences in ETL, Database Admin, Data Architect, or Data Engineer
- Knowledge in MS SQL, MySQL, SAP Hana (any 2 of them or related)
- Proficient in Transact-SQL scripting
- Experience in SSMS, SSIS environment
- Ability to deal with pressure and work with tight timeline
- Open minded and with start-up mindset
- Fluent Mandarin
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Knowledge in Apache Hive, any Hadoop/MapReduce tools, Microsoft Azure / AWS, Python
What working at EY offers
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, knowledge and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark.
|Career Level||Intermediate (3-6 years)|
|Language||English, Mandarin (Putonghua)|