You may also like
Pricing & Valuation Analyst
Operations Research Expert, Advanced Business Analytics
- Cost Reduction
Underwriting and Pricing Innovation Data Scientist
- Data Science
Manager, Forensic Data Analytics, Consumer Banking Group and Wealth
- Microsoft Excel
- Apache Hadoop
- Big Data
- Business Intelligence
- Data Warehousing
Advisory - Data & Analytics - Data Engineer
Location: CN-Hong Kong-Hong Kong
EY Data and Analytics (EY DnA) is our flagship data and advanced analytics capability within EY, working across multiple sectors including financial services, government & public sector, energy, mining & metals, and consumer products. We are one of the largest and fastest growing practices in Asia Pacific with more than 400 specialist staff in Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Hong Kong, Korea, The Philippines and Malaysia.
We work unreservedly with some of the biggest market players to enable, strengthen and help navigate through their data journey as trusted advisors and delivery experts. Our passion is driven by our strong purpose to build a better working world by enabling our clients transform into intelligent organisations. Information and intelligence are the assets which enable this, and our practice provides innovative approaches to unlocking this information, solving many of our clients’ biggest challenges.
As a Big Data Architect you work with our team of engineers to deliver solutions around the leading big data platforms and cloud technologies. Our current team is working on some of the latest technologies in the region using advanced analytics solutions such as MapR, AWS, Hortonworks, Cloudera etc.
This is a varied role that will involve a mix of big data and traditional EDW projects and will find you:
- Designing and delivering solutions within big data environments such as MapR, AWS, Hortonworks, Cloudera, Teradata etc
- Working on projects across the Hadoop ecosystem including: Cloudera or Horton Works or MapR, Pig, Spark, Scala, Hive etc
- Designing and implementing cloud based solutions
- Building rapid proto-types for presentations / sales proposals
- Preparing proposals and pre-sales presentations for clients around analytics and cloud solutions
You will be an accomplished consultant and enjoy helping provide strategic solutions around all things data with previous experience across business intelligence, data warehousing, big data, advanced analytics or reporting environments.
Your past experience might have found you playing the role of:
- Information Architect / Data Architect / Big Data Architect
- Data warehouse Solution Designer / Solution Architect / Information management architect
- Fluent in English, and Chinese (both written and verbal). Knowing Mandarin would be an advantage
- A Bachelor's or a Master’s degree and more than 5 years of related work experience.
As a senior member of the team you will wear various hats and be involved in:
- Running large engagements or multiple small engagements
- Contributing your expertise to strategy and roadmaps
- Collaborating with internal and external stakeholders
- Contributing to the growth of the Hong Kong practice
- Presenting to C-level executives
Your expertise in all things data will see you optimizing and recommending cutting edge solutions which will assist the client in achieving project milestones. You will have a consulting approach to any challenges and the attitude to go above and beyond to deliver outcomes for the client.
|Career Level||Intermediate (3-6 years)|
|Language||English, Cantonese, Mandarin (Putonghua)|