- Apache Hadoop
- Big Data
- Business Intelligence
- Data Warehousing
Advisory - Data & Analytics - Data Engineer
Location: CN-Hong Kong-Hong Kong
EY Data and Analytics (EY DnA) is our flagship data and advanced analytics capability within EY, working across multiple sectors including financial services, government & public sector, energy, mining & metals, and consumer products. We are one of the largest and fastest growing practices in Asia Pacific with more than 400 specialist staff in Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Hong Kong, Korea, The Philippines and Malaysia.
We work unreservedly with some of the biggest market players to enable, strengthen and help navigate through their data journey as trusted advisors and delivery experts. Our passion is driven by our strong purpose to build a better working world by enabling our clients transform into intelligent organisations. Information and intelligence are the assets which enable this, and our practice provides innovative approaches to unlocking this information, solving many of our clients’ biggest challenges.
Your key responsibilities
As a Data Engineer you work with our team to deliver solutions utilizing leading big data platforms and cloud technologies. Our current team is working on some of the latest technologies in the region using advanced analytics solutions such as AWS, Azure, Hortonworks, Cloudera etc.
This is a varied role that will involve a mix of big data and traditional EDW projects and will find you:
- Designing and delivering solutions within big data environments such as AWS, Azure, Hortonworks, Cloudera etc
- Working on projects across the Hadoop ecosystem including technologies such as Cloudera, Horton Works, Spark, Python, Hbase etc
- Working with data integration technologies such as Informatica, Datastage, SSIS, Nifi, Talend
- Working with data storage technologies such as Oracle, AWS Redshift, Azure SQL Data Warehouse
To qualify for the role you must have
You will be an accomplished consultant and enjoy helping provide strategic solutions around all things data with previous experience across business intelligence, data warehousing, big data, advanced analytics or reporting environments.
Your past experience might have found you playing the role of:
- ETL Developer, Data Analyst
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Fluency in English
- A Bachelor's or a Master’s degree and more than 2 years of related