- Health and Safety
- Occupational Health & Safety
- Risk Management
Corporate Health & Safety Advisor, North Asia
ERM seeks an exceptional individual to join our consulting team and to support our internal health and safety management and client safety programmes:
The primary function of the H&S Advisor is to coordinate the internal safety function within the division. This includes the development and roll out of internal safety programs, meeting H&S legal compliance obligations, streamlining our processes to ensure a best fit to the needs of the NEA business and helping to further develop the safety culture of our teams and people.
This will be achieved by advising and supporting the North East Asia Divisional Director and country managers and staff on H&S issues, thus enabling the development of a strong and proactive culture around health and safety aspects within our business and operations.
The incumbent must be able to demonstrate the ability to understand legislation/s regarding H&S, risk management techniques. Furthermore the incumbent must demonstrate an ability to be able to drive improvements to internal management systems and policies, as required.
The role will be part of both the North East Asia Management Team and the APAC Safety Management Team. This will include travel to each of the countries’ within the NEA Division on a regular basis.
Working location could be China, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Taiwan.
- Recognised occupational health and safety degree / course.
- Local or International Accreditation in Safety (Nebosh).
- Auditor training course.
- Incident Investigation Training.
- Around 3-8 years of prior Corporate H&S experience.
- Experience in delivering safety in different countries and cultures.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, implement and improve H&S process, policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to investigate and make appropriate recommendations in relation to H&S-related issues and incidents.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and/or coordinate teams to facilitate outcomes.
- Ability to develop training plans plus develop and deliver training modules.
- Ability to build rapport with internal and external stakeholders to establish a strong professional relationship and influence behaviors.
- Ability to provide innovative alternative working solutions to problems.
- Perseverance and drive to meet goals and objectives whilst operating in an ambiguous environment.
- Act in the best interest of ERM at all times. Complies with all company policies and completes company requirements in a timely manner. Has an appropriate understanding of ERM’s goals and strategic direction, and stays informed on key company information and status. Maintains conditions that ensure a healthy and safe work environment.
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Confident in engaging and working with Senior Management, project managers and contractors.
- Knowledge of health and safety systems, procedures and legislation as it applies to the natural resources, oil and gas or environmental market sectors.
- Knowledge of legislation and the ability to rapidly acquire knowledge of the relevant Codes of Practice.
- Knowledgeable of current risk management standards, principles and frameworks.
- Knowledge of relevant local and International standards particularly ISO9001.
Your desire and ability to work as part of a team and take ownership of your work will see you thrive within your role. If you are interested in growing your career in a challenging, innovative and supportive working environment and believe you have the drive and ability to match ours, apply today using the links below.
|Career Level||Intermediate (3-6 years)|