Workshop Technician, South Island School
JOB PURPOSE: The Workshop Technician is to provide support to staff and students to ensure that the day to day teaching and learning within the department runs smoothly and effectively; manage and maintain physical resources, tools and machinery in the workshops; implement and maintain health and safety procedures, as stated by department and ESF.
- Oversee and coordinate the smooth running of the department with regard to its logistical needs ie. materials preparation, storage, ordering of items, maintenance and administration
- Provide support to staff and students with regard to solving of a technical nature or where specialist knowledge and/or experience is required
- Ensure that health and safety procedure is practiced and enforced and to report to the Head of Department any action required in this regard
- Maintain an accurate inventory equipment record for the Department and ensure equipment are well maintained to meet the Health & Safety requirements
- Purchase materials and tools according to Procurement procedure
- Manufacturing of resources for department use
- Perform any other duties as and when assigned by Line Manager
- Diploma in relevant disciplines
- Experience of workshop machinery and equipment, electrical work or carpentry
- Knowledge of at least one area of 3D design and/or manufacture
- Spoken and written English is a must
- Confident ICT skills
- Excellent general practical skills and problem solving
- Ability to priortise workload and work independently
- Motivated to acquire new skills and eager to take part in ongoing program of professional development
- Excellent initiative, interpersonal, communication and organisational skills
- A friendly and confident manner in relation to staff and students are essential
- A reputation for being punctual, reliable, flexible, resourceful, hardworking and dedicated to the responsibilities that this post involves
Applicants must be a permanent Hong Kong resident or possess a valid visa to work in Hong Kong.
Want to know more about us?
Visit our website on www.sis.edu.hk
Contact Brondy Poon by email@example.com
Want to apply?
Applications must be submitted through http://recruit.esf.edu.hk
- Health and Safety