Technician - Food & Textile, Part-Time, South Island School
JOB PURPOSE: The Textile Technician is to provide support to staff and students to ensure that the day to day teaching and learning within the department runs smoothly and effectively. Key responsibilities are: manage and maintain the physical resources, spaces, tools and machinery in the textiles rooms, follow and track health and safety procedures and prepare resources and materials for Textile lessons.
- Assist classroom teachers and students during lesson times - thread machines, give one to one support to students, troubleshoot problems with machines during lessons.
- Shop for, order and purchase textile items (eg. Fabrics, buttons, needles, etc) and equipment. Prepare purchase orders and source materials.
- Termly stock take and monthly stock check of textile resources
- Organise and manage textile storage and labelling
- Prepare teaching resources and textile materials (eg. Cutting, sorting, sample boards, class boxes) for Textile lessons
- Ensure that the textile rooms are clean and tidy at the beginning of each day
- Ensure that the textile rooms are clean and tidy at the end of each day
- Assist with maintenance of display work in textile area
- Screen Printing: cut heat-seal paper for screen printing lessons, wash up screens and dyeing equipment after each lesson, etc
- Dyeing: set up the dyeing equipment, mix and replace dyes on a regular basis.
- Sewing Machines/Fabric/Patterns: cut fabric and paper patterns, set up sewing machines, manage annual and day to day maintenance of sewing machines and other related equipment.
- General administrative duties related to planners and storing of exemplars
- Photograph and document student outcomes for display and website.
- Perform any other duties as and when assigned by Line Manager(s)
- Diploma in relevant disciplines and 1-3 years relevant experience
- Spoken and written English is a must
- Confident ICT skills
- Excellent general practical skills and problem solving
- Ability to prioritise workload and work independently
- Excellent initiative, interpersonal, communication and organisational skills
- A friendly and confident manner in relation to staff and students are essential
- A reputation for being punctual, reliable, flexible, resourceful, hardworking and dedicated to the responsibilities that this post involves
This is a term-time employment where staff will take leave without pay during school summer holidays as publicized in the annual ESF school calendar. Applicants must possess a valid visa to work in Hong Kong.
Want to know more about us?
Visit our website on www.sis.edu.hk
Contact Brondy Poon by firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to apply?
Applications must be submitted through http://recruit.esf.edu.hk