Principal, lsland School
An Educational Leadership Opportunity of a Lifetime
Principal of Island School, ESF, Hong Kong
Island School is an international co-educational comprehensive high school with outstanding performance and is part of the English Schools Foundation (ESF). Island School has approximately 1,200 students representing 40 nationalities. As a result, Island School’s outlook emphasises humanitarian and environmental ideals as well as academic excellence. Island School is an IB World School and is accredited by the Council of International Schools (CIS). As a comprehensive entry school, there are no academic barriers for entry apart from the ability to benefit from an education in the medium of English. The school has a learning support centre (LSC) for students with additional learning needs.
Island School is embarking on an exciting time of innovation and change. Within the next 18 months the school will decant to two sites for four years while a new, state of the art secondary school facility is built where the school currently sits. ESF seeks a world class principal to champion excellence in learning and promote a positive school ethos while leading the school through a period of redevelopment and transformational change.
Hong Kong is a vibrant and dynamic international city, ranking amongst the world’s leading financial centres. Hong Kong plays a pivotal role as a gateway to China and the rest of Asia.
The rewards …
• The opportunity to work with outstanding students and staff in one of the world’s most amazing cities;
• A competitive compensation and benefits package including international medical coverage, life insurance and education allowance. Further details will be provided to interested parties.
The ideal candidate will …
• Have an educational philosophy that is inclusive, holistic and one that respects, values and celebrates diversity;
• Be passionate about learning and teaching and setting high expectations for every student;
• Have a compelling vision for education and be able to articulate this to all stakeholders;
• Have significant experience in major and acute whole school change;
• Be internationally minded and committed to international education;
• Be an inspiring, motivating and collaborative leader for our outstanding team of staff;
• Be creative and innovative;
• Be a learning-centred Principal, committed to a culture of continuous improvement;
• Have IBO experience (but this is not a requirement).
Applicants will have a proven track record as a senior leader in a similar sized or larger secondary school; a professional teaching qualification; fluency in English and a desire to contribute in a challenging and rewarding environment.