Finance Assistant, West Island School
Responsible for day to day accounting operations, primarily associated with accounts receivable and monthly processing duties (Finance). Provision of general assistance with external bookings and facilities hire (Facilities).
• Undertake Accounts Receivable accounting functions
• Collect, reconcile and record monies from teachers/students/staff or other activities
• Organise the banking of cash and cheques; prepare all related G/L entries in Epicor (the accounting system); ensure monies are banked in a timely manner; and, follow up on any returned cheques from the bank
• Raise inv oices in a timely manner and keep records up to date
• Monitor and follow up on outstanding receivables / outstanding creditors on a frequent and timely basis
• Create charge events in E-payments system and perform other necessary system administrative duties
• Import and reconcile the EPS data file with the E-Payments system daily to update the E-payment system for invoices paid electronically
• Enter data in to Epicor for the E-Payment transactions weekly. Reconcile Epicor and E-Payments and keep data updated, accurate and consistent
• Answer queries regarding E-payment systems from parents and staff
• Produce receipts as required
• Produce monthly reports for management
• Generate adhoc reports and answer adhoc queries as required by management
• Conduct site visits with external parties of school facilities available for booking
• Assist in coordinating and managing external bookings and hiring of facilities and the associated site arrangements
• Raising invoices and monitoring outstanding receivables from external bookings
• Coordinating the allocation of student lockers and related problems
Perform other duties and assume accountabilities as apparent or as delegated, including mutually agreed upon objectives.
Co-ordinate with ESF Finance and Facilities Departments.
• Finance Manager
• Fluent English and spoken Cantonese would be an advantage
• An understanding of accounting principles
• Relevant experience working in accounting or finance
• 1-2 years administrative experience
• Competent using general computing (Microsoft office, google documents) and accounting software (epicor)
• Proficient with MS Excel and Word
Applicants must be a permanent Hong Kong resident or possess a valid visa to work in Hong Kong.
- Accounts Receivable
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word