Facilities Officer, South Island School
JOB PURPOSE: Support Facilities & Office Manager in the school facilities management and Health & Safety issues
- Supporting the Facilities and Office Manager, to manage the School site and all associated facilities and to ensure all resources are utilised effectively and efficiently, within School budgets and according to ESF Governance.
- Supervise the maintenance and development of the school site, buildings and facilities.
- Supervise facilities and janitorial staff and plan and schedule works to meet the School’s operational and learning needs
- Manage the Site Team to support the set-up and reinstatement of facilities for various school events and activities.
- Provide line management mentoring/coaching and evaluation to site staff reports and ensure that staff are appropriately trained for their respective duties and follow standard operating procedures.
- Ensure that all teaching, assembly and meeting venues are adequately resourced, clean and well maintained; be proactive and systematic in checking all buildings and campus areas on a regular basis and implement appropriate remedial actions.
- Supervise the Facilities Assistant and Maintenance Technician to ensure an effective repair and maintenance programme through the establishment of a Help Desk System and meet the committed deadlines.
- Oversee the room booking system and actively monitor requirements on a daily basis
- Work closely with Facilities & Office Manager and the School Environment Group to identify energy saving measures and to promote a Green and sustainable environment.
- Oversee the site security of the campus including effective management of security guards, maintenance of the CCTV network, etc.
- Market the School’s facilities to maintain and increase income generated outside school hours.
- Perform any other duties as and when assigned by FOM
- Degree/Higher Diploma or equivalent in either Property Management, Building Services, Business Administration
- A minimum of 2-3 years of facilities or property management experience
- Familiarity with building service rules and regulations in Hong Kong
- Fluency in oral and written English and Chinese (Cantonese)
- Sound knowledge and experience in sophisticated building services systems and equipment would be an advantage
- Experience in managing maintenance, cleaning and security teams
- Strong people skills, resilience and high standards
Applicants must be a permanent Hong Kong resident or possess a valid visa to work in Hong Kong.
Want to know more about us?
Visit our website on www.sis.edu.hk
Contact Brondy Poon by firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to apply?
Applications must be submitted through http://recruit.esf.edu.hk