Database Administrator, ESF Centre
• Helps maintain robust and accurate student, parent and teacher data including user accounts and access rights for school moodle based VLEs .
• Configures various modules including curriculum planning and portfolio systems tailoring to each school’s individual requirements.
• Works with a team of programmers to develop and configure ARR systems in collaboration with schools.
• Oversees the administration of primary and secondary reporting in liaison with schools
• Provides end user support for various VLE modules including the production of student and data analysis reports.
• Produces ad hoc data retrievals and reports to support academic, pastoral and business decision-making.
• Evaluates and recommends new database technologies.
• Participates actively in VLE development team in producing services and tools to integrate various systems for effective information management.
• Report to line manager regularly with updates, progress and issues.
• Solid experience in programming with MySQL with some knowledge of PHP MVC framework.
• Database/IS administration in educational context
• High initiative, self-starter and self-motivated team player with strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Excellent communication skills in both written and verbal English with customer-orientated working attitude.
Applicants must be a permanent Hong Kong resident or possess a valid visa to work in Hong Kong.