Vice President for Global Trade Law Office – Asia Pacific
Would you like to be a part of the company that wherever you are in the world, you’re never far from one of vans, trucks, warehouses, scooters, planes, boats or your colleagues?
At Deutsche Post DHL, we connect people, improving their lives across 220 countries worldwide and offer unparalleled expertise in logistics solutions as well as international transport services.
Are you looking for a new step and challenge in your career path? Are you an experienced trade lawyer, trustful partner and a capable leader? Are youpassionate about international trade compliance, in particular in the area of customs, export control, sanctions and free trade agreements?
Your tasks will be:
- Represent the Group’s Global Trade Law Office for the Asia Pacific region
- Advise and monitor the Group and the Corporate Divisions on international trade law, international trade compliance, corporate policies on customs, export control, sanctions, free trade agreements, etc. related to the Asia Pacific region
- Provide input on trade compliance policies and metrics for the Group and the Corporate Divisions for Asia Pacific
- Investigate non-compliance and violations of international trade laws through the Compliance Management System for incidents in Asia Pacific
- Update and brief senior management on risks and requisite remedies or solutions in the trade law area
- Maintain relationships with government authorities and international organizations in the region to forecast vulnerable areas for the Group
- Monitor new legal and regulatory developments in the trade area in the region to translate and forecast for the Group's businesses
- Interact with and support the rest of the Legal Department in the region to support their activities
Your Qualification & Skills:
- 5-7 years of legal experience specifically in the area of international trade law including customs, export control, sanctions, WTO, FTAs, etc. with sound knowledge of international conventions and trade laws of key markets in the region (e.g. China, Korea, Japan, Singapore, Hong Kong, India, etc.).
- Former government experience in the area of export control is an advantage
- Experience with government administrative and criminal investigations of businesses on trade law violations
- Experience interacting with law enforcement officials of multiple countries
- Experience and knowledge of political policy and national security interplay with trade law; understanding and sensitivity with the intelligence community's role in trade compliance
- Comfortable traveling to or operating in sensitive area
- Amazing chance to shape and drive a new role within the Deutsche Post DHL group and overlook all trade topics in the Asia Pacific region
- Outstanding opportunity, responsibility as well as a fantastic working environment
- Competitive salary and world class benefits
If this role sounds like something which you could excel in, please do not hesitate and click.
|Career Level||Intermediate (3-6 years)|