- Financial Planning
- Inventory Management
- Supply Chain Management
Planning Manager - Fashion
Location: PRC - Hong Kong-Hong Kong-Corporate Office (Chinachem)-77 Mody Road, 7/F Chinachem Golden Plaza, Tsimshatsui East, Hong Kong
The Planning Manager quantifies the department merchandise strategy through development of the department seasonal plans and the Brand/Class location sales plans; is responsible for forecasting, ordering and allocation of product; is responsible for maximizing the productivity of inventory and maximizing sales and gross margin in the execution of the department strategy.
- Delivers category sales, gross margin and turnover performance to plan.
- Works with the Merchandise Manager partner to monitor overall inventory levels to plan and forecast.
- Identifies and evaluates sales and gross margin opportunities at the department level.
- Works closely with Director of Planning, Merchandise Manager (MM), Product Sales Manager (PSM) and Distributor partners to develop and manage financial plans.
- Ensures accurate and timely completion of department OTB every month at the division and group level.
- Maintains Group OTB to manage forward buys in-line with department inventory targets.
- Provides ongoing feedback and information to team members on sales results, competitive practices, and delivery issues with vendors, and other specific information which could impact the performance of the business.
3. Inventory Management
- Establishes and maintains intensive key item, key brand/class, and key location focus.
- Monitors and forecasts inventory levels at the division and location level.
- Establishes and maintains assortment plan pipeline by determining order quantities and placing orders with suppliers.
- Buys merchandise for the divisions based on model stock and trends to achieve optimal sales, profit and inventory performance.
- Identifies slow and best sellers in inventory, and respond to maximize sales and minimize risks.
- Determines markdown strategy and ensure communication/execution with divisions.
- Ensures all inventory targets are met, including turnover, currency and style/SKU counts.
4. Merchandise Strategy
- Provides input into the development of a department merchandise strategy.
- Develops department seasonal plans at the division and group level.
- Creates brand/class level sales plans by location.
- Works with the PSMs, MM and Distributors to execute the strategy.
5. People Development
- Identifies, recruits, and develops their planning team.
- Encourages and supports the development of our talented people. Offers honest and constructive feedback to direct reports and business partners fostering individual and group development.
- Continuously stretches the Team to perform at higher level keeping each Team member focused on the business strategy, plan and opportunities.
- Manages the overall performance of all team members developing and recognizing the top talent and addressing the performance of team members with developmental areas.
6. Division Partner Relations
- Develops and maintains effective working partnership with divisions particularly PSMs and Distributors, while ensuring divisions execute category strategy appropriately.
- Drives decision-making and problem solving on at the merchandise issues at the division and location level.
- Ensures team results, relationships and processes are aligned with DFS mission and values.
- Ensures efficiency and effectiveness of merchandising work processes.
7. Logistics Interface
- Ensures that product moves efficiently through the supply chain.
- Monitors logistics and delivery costs.
8. Brand Relations
- Manages all aspects relating to the ordering and allocation function.
- Promotes a “win-win” approach with all key brand partners.
- Drives decision-making and problem solving on brand partner issues.
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Business Acumen
- Customer Focus
- Timely Decision Making
- Developing Direct Reports
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Managerial Courage
- Problem Solving
- Drive for Results
- Minimum of 5 years in a buying and/or planning function with financial and analytical merchandising background.
- International mobility, for career advancement opportunities, to Hong Kong and other major Asia-Pacific cities.
- Able to travel up to 12 weeks per year.
- Leadership experience developing, managing and influencing people required.
- Negotiation experience required.
|Career Level||Intermediate (3-6 years)|