Assistant Planning Manager - Food & Gifts
Location: PRC - Hong Kong-Hong Kong-Corporate Office (Chinachem)-77 Mody Road, 7/F Chinachem Golden Plaza, Tsimshatsui East, Hong Kong
Under the direction of the Planning Manager, forecasts, orders and allocates one segment of a category’s product to support the category strategy in managing the supply chain. In addition, monitors the flow of inventory to achieve the worldwide gross margin plans and to maximize region and location sales and profitability.
- Collaborate with team on strategic direction.
- Develop worldwide seasonal sales, margin and mix plans for one segment of a category based on strategic direction and financial guidelines.
- Develop location-specific sales for one segment of a category and ratify with region plans. Tie to location profiles and assist plans.
- Develop monthly financial plans at department level for one segment of a category.
OTB, Order Placement and Replenishment
- Provide analysis necessary for the development of the monthly Open-to-Buy at the department level based on planning variances to the financial plans.
- Communicate and collaborate with team on purchase decisions.
- Recommend quantities to place orders as required based on stock projection using unit buy plan.
- Review and update the E3 replenishment forecasts as required based on stock projection.
- Monitor Open-To-Buy weekly and make recommendations as appropriate.
- Communicate and follow up with vendors to support merchandise flow requirements.
- Supply SKU team with appropriate initialization information to activate distribution.
- Manage the E3 vendor-to-receiving warehouse ensuring target service levels are achieved.
- Work with Distributors to ensure on-order needs match location sales needs and minimize WOS requirements.
- Collaborate with team on promotional and event planning.
- Identify fast and slow sellers and develop action plan with team.
- Provide analysis to report and implement discontinued SKU action plans monthly, or as needed.
- Develop and recommend markdown strategy and manage markdown budgets to plan.
- Recommend competitive markdowns as needed.
- One year of previous merchandising and/or planning with a major retailer at an assistant level preferred.
- University Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Ability to create and maintain sophisticated Excel spreadsheets.
- Strong interpersonal skills required.
Interested candidates, please email your application to [email redacted, apply via Jobable]
Candidates not notified within one month should consider their application unsuccessful.
Personal data collected is solely for recruitment related purpose and will be treated in strict confidence. Unsuccessful applications will be destroyed within 6 months from the date of application. Applicants have the right to request access to and/or correction of your personal data. Request should be made to our Human Resources Department in writing.
- Event Planner
- Financial Planning
- Microsoft Excel