Associate Director / Manager - Strategy & Operations (Mergers & Acquisitions) - Consulting - Hong Kong
Location: 香港特别行政区, Southern China
About Deloitte Consulting
Deloitte Consulting is the world's largest management consulting practice. In China we are one of the top consulting firms. Our team comprises over 1,200 bilingual consulting talents located in six cities in China including Shanghai, Beijing, Hong Kong, Shenzhen, Guangzhou and Harbin. In global, we have over 40,000 professionals spreading in over 40 countries. In China, Deloitte Consulting is ranked as one of the top 3 consulting service providers by Gartner, a global leading IT research and advisory company and Deloitte consulting is awarded as "the Best Consulting Firm".
- "Deloitte provides one of the widest ranges of capability in the industry and the relationship models to support large program initiatives. The breadth of these capabilities and the organizational ability to integrate these skills together allow Deloitte to focus on a variety of strategic issues such as pricing and profitability, strategic commercial models, and partnering models for R&D." Source: Kennedy Consulting Research & Advisory, 2012
- "Clients that responded to Gartner valued the breadth and depth of Deloitte talent and Deloitte's very collaborative work style both externally with clients and internally within Deloitte." Gartner, 27 September, 2012
- Our ability to understand and focus on the local market is highlighted as a key differentiator around the quality of leadership in the practice: "Deloitte's executives are among the best in articulating the Chinese market landscape, changes and trends, vision and strategy." Gartner, August 21, 2012
Why Join Us?
- Consistent, powerful "As One" positioning-cross function, region and industry
- Balanced advisory and implementation or technology messaging-we are not simply a leader but a market maker in this regard
- Strong evidence, including client cases, that say "Deloitte only" vs. "me too"
- Support and engagement of our most senior leaders and Partners around the world
- Firm's sustained investment in analyst relationships
- Tone of confidence without arrogance
If you want to know more about Deloitte Consulting China, please visit our website at www.deloitteconsulting.cn .
The Strategy & Operations (S&O) Associate Director / Manager is part of our initiative to significant expand our M&A consulting capabilities in Hong Kong. The role will require working with the Strategy & Operations Directors and Partners to identify and develop opportunities and to deliver in accordance with the Deloitte Global M&A methodologies within different sectors. This broad based business role is to focus on opportunities ranging from those associated with corporate and M&A strategy, due diligence support, integration and separation preparation, planning, and deal execution.
The S&O M&A Associate Director / Manager will work with the S&O Directors and Partners to:
- Develop and enhance local M&A strategy and consulting capabilities in accordance with various industry propositions within Deloitte
- Advise clients in financial services (FS) and other non-FS on a full spectrum of M&A strategy, integration and separation consulting services including M&A strategy development, due diligence support, cost and synergy estimation, integration / separation preparation, planning, and execution.
- Developing corporate and M&A strategy, target screening and evaluation
- Conducting objective assessments to understand corporate strategy, operations, organization, and IT system landscape
- Developing separation / integration readiness assessment. Identifying integration / separation complexities. Developing realistic solutions to address those complexities
- Developing synergy and cost estimates
- Assisting due diligence teams with necessary inputs on strategy and operational issues
- Developing detailed and cohesive integration / separation plan and cost estimates
- Setting up integration / separation management office (IMO / SMO to manage the post-merger integration activities across multiple transition workstreams
- Lead Day 1 Readiness activities, work with due diligence team and client team to prepare for Day 1 (e.g. transaction service agreement term sheet drafting, integration blueprint development, negotiation support, clean room operations and etc.)
- Develop and manage key Chief Strategy Officer, M&A and Business Development Director, Chief Operating Officer and other Customer Focused relationships within Hong Kong for all target accounts. Create meaningful relationships through the relevant hierarchies with decision-makers at all target accounts
- Identify, pursue, and lead in the delivery of M&A strategy, integration and separation engagements across financial services (FS) and other non-FS sectors
- Collaborate with various service lines within Deloitte and lead in the development of M&A services eminence and market presence in Hong Kong leveraging global and regional initiatives to position Deloitte as the market leader in the provision of S&O related M&A engagements
- Participate in the leadership of the Hong Kong Consulting team acting as a peer and a mentor for the development of core M&A Consulting capabilities across the team. Coach junior members of the team on M&A methodologies and tools. Lead in M&A skillset and team capability development.
Key Skills & Experience:
- Minimum 8 years of experience in a top tier consulting firm and / or Big 4 transaction services and / or investment banking or in-house strategy and M&A function with practical experience in managing M&A strategy, integration and separation projects; a mixture of management consulting / Big 4 M&A Services and corporate M&A experience is ideal
- MBA from a well-recognized business school or Master in Finance, Economics, Engineering or related majors is preferred
- Experience in expanding existing accounts as well as creating new revenue streams
- Solid M&A strategy, integration and divestiture project delivery experience; having successfully managed or led complex projects in a large corporate environment
- Strong knowledge of M&A methodology, tools and techniques
- Knowledge of various industries like banking & insurance, consumer business, life sciences & healthcare, technology, media & telecommunications or energy & resources is preferred.
- Strong written and oral communications in English. Cantonese and Mandarin are highly desirable
- Proven leadership and team building skills; Provide direction and lead courageously within the team
- Possess strong business development orientation and astute business acumen
- Strong track-record in effectively developing market credibility in a timely manner, preferably the candidate has already had sustained examples as being recognized as a go-to-person within across markets for thought-leadership and market eminence and commentary.
Deloitte refers to one or more of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL (also referred to as “Deloitte Global”) does not provide services to clients.
Deloitte provides audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory services to public and private clients spanning multiple industries. With a globally connected network of member firms in more than 150 countries and territories, Deloitte brings world-class capabilities and high-quality service to clients, delivering the insights they need to address their most complex business challenges. Deloitte’s more than 200,000 professionals are committed to becoming the standard of excellence.
- Business Development
- Corporate Communications
- Due Diligence
- Management Consulting
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Team Management