Associate Director / Manager - Strategy & Operations (Financial Services) - Consulting - Hong Kong
Location: 香港特别行政区, Southern China
About Deloitte Consulting
Deloitte Consulting is the world's largest management consulting practice. In China we are one of the top consulting firms. Our team comprises over 1,200 bilingual consulting talents located in six cities in China including Shanghai, Beijing, Hong Kong, Shenzhen, Guangzhou and Harbin. In global, we have over 40,000 professionals spreading in over 40 countries. In China, Deloitte Consulting is ranked as one of the top 3 consulting service providers by Gartner, a global leading IT research and advisory company and Deloitte consulting is awarded as "the Best Consulting Firm".
- "Deloitte provides one of the widest ranges of capability in the industry and the relationship models to support large program initiatives. The breadth of these capabilities and the organizational ability to integrate these skills together allow Deloitte to focus on a variety of strategic issues such as pricing and profitability, strategic commercial models, and partnering models for R&D." Source: Kennedy Consulting Research & Advisory, 2012
- "Clients that responded to Gartner valued the breadth and depth of Deloitte talent and Deloitte's very collaborative work style both externally with clients and internally within Deloitte." Gartner, 27 September, 2012
- Our ability to understand and focus on the local market is highlighted as a key differentiator around the quality of leadership in the practice: "Deloitte's executives are among the best in articulating the Chinese market landscape, changes and trends, vision and strategy." Gartner, August 21, 2012
Why Join Us?
- Consistent, powerful "As One" positioning-cross function, region and industry
- Balanced advisory and implementation or technology messaging-we are not simply a leader but a market maker in this regard
- Strong evidence, including client cases, that say "Deloitte only" vs. "me too"
- Support and engagement of our most senior leaders and Partners around the world
- Firm's sustained investment in analyst relationships
- Tone of confidence without arrogance
If you want to know more about Deloitte Consulting China, please visit our website at www.deloitteconsulting.cn .
About Financial Services Industry - Strategy and Operations
As one of largest service lines in Deloitte Consulting, FSI Strategy and Operations (S&O) focuses on providing a breadth of specialized services to the Financial Services clients, covering Banking, Insurance, Securities, and Investment Management companies, etc.
As the market leader in China, our FSI Strategy and Operations services are built on addressing our clients' critical strategic and operational challenges, as appropriate in today's environment. We have established an integrated pool of local resources and global experts with integrated service solutions to provide end-to-end service
The Financial Services Strategy & Operations Associate Director is part of our initiative to significant expand our banking, wealth management & insurance consulting capabilities in Hong Kong. The role will be require working with the Financial Services Strategy & Operations Directors and Partners to identify and develop opportunities and to deliver in accordance with the Deloitte Global Strategy & Operations methodologies within the financial services sector. This broad based business role is to focus on opportunities ranging from those associated with Strategy & Distribution, Market expansion, Customer Segmentation, Operational Effectiveness and Efficiency and broad based industry consolidation.
The S&O Associate Director ‑ Financial Services will work with the S&O Directors and Partners - Financial Services to:
- Develop and enhance local capabilities in accordance with the Global Financial Services propositions within Deloitte
- Develop and manage key Chief Strategy Officer, Strategy Director, Chief Operating Officer and other Customer Focused relationships within Hong Kong for all target accounts within the Financial Services Sector. Create meaningful relationships through the relevant hierarchies with decision-makers at all target accounts
- Identify, pursue, and lead in the delivery of engagements across the Financial Services Sector (i.e. banking, wealth management & insurance)
- Lead in the development of eminence and market presence in Hong Kong leveraging global and regional initiatives to position Deloitte as the market leader in the provision of S&O related engagements
- Participate in the leadership of the Hong Kong Consulting team acting as a peer and a mentor for the development of core Consulting capabilities across the team, regardless of competence or industry focus.
- MBA from a well-recognized business school or Master in Finance, Economics or related majors is preferred
- Preferred: Asia Pacific experience
- 10+ years of experience in a top tier consulting firm with a focus on the banking, wealth management and insurance sector and/or in-house strategy function, preferably with the experience showing versatility in developing major accounts, i.e. expanding existing as well as creating new revenue streams
- Fluency in Chinese ‑ Mandarin or Cantonese is preferred
- Proven leadership and team building skills
- Solid project delivery experience; having successfully managed or led complex, multi-function/multi-stakeholder projects in a large corporate environment
- Demonstrable and successful track record in application of consulting tools and solutions in solving complex business problems
- Possess strong business development orientation and astute business acumen
- Experience in working across complex matrix environments, the ideal individual should also be international in their outlook as well as culturally sensitive. Preferably should have previous international assignment experience, if not from Asia-Pacific.
- Strong track-record in effectively developing market credibility in a timely manner, preferably the candidate has already had sustained examples as being recognized as a go-to-person within across markets for thought-leadership and market eminence and commentary.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the capacity to motivate and lead a team with enthusiasm, drive and effectiveness
Deloitte refers to one or more of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL (also referred to as “Deloitte Global”) does not provide services to clients.
Deloitte provides audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory services to public and private clients spanning multiple industries. With a globally connected network of member firms in more than 150 countries and territories, Deloitte brings world-class capabilities and high-quality service to clients, delivering the insights they need to address their most complex business challenges. Deloitte’s more than 200,000 professionals are committed to becoming the standard of excellence.
- Business Development
- Investment Management
- Management Consulting
- Microsoft Outlook
- Wealth Management