- Financial Risk
- Risk Assessment
Associate Director / Manager / Senior Consultant / Consultant / Analyst – Underwriting Loan Team – Consulting - Hong Kong
Location: 香港特别行政区, Southern China
The Hong Kong life and health insurance market has experienced significant and consistent new business growth over the last few years while underwriting resources are lagging behind creating an increased demand for experienced underwriters.
Deloitte has developed a solution to the growing resource gap through its new underwriting loan staff service which provides underwriters to support our insurance clients meet service agreements and achieve their business goals.
Working with us will give you the opportunity to work with some of our most prestigious clients across the Hong Kong Insurance sector and you will be in a position to continue to grow your experience, knowledge and technical underwriting skills. As part of the practice, you will work onsite with our clients alongside their own underwriting team.
- Underwrite life and health insurance applications from agents, brokers and bank channels in accordance with our clients' rules and guidelines and make decisions within assigned authority limits.
- Respond professionally and timely to enquiries from our clients' customers, agents and advisors providing accurate and helpful information.
- Deliver high quality underwriting output within agreed KPI's and our clients service standards.
- Develop sound knowledge of our clients products, underwriting rules and processes.
- Continue development of key technical skills to support medical and financial underwriting assessment.
- Adhere to compliance rules and requirements, maintaining confidentiality at all times of our clients' business details.
- Develop and maintain market and industry knowledge.
- Play an active role in the coaching of more junior colleagues as required.
The successful job holder would be based in Hong Kong.
To qualify for the role you must have:
- University degree in science or business
- 3 to 8 years proven experience in individual life and health insurance underwriting
- Demonstrated capability in medical and financial risk assessment
- Working effectively in a team environment
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively and clearly
- Professionalism and integrity
- Good time management and prioritization skills
- Confidence in your abilities
- Fluent in either Cantonese or Mandarin
- Workable English with reading and writing skills essential
Deloitte refers to one or more of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL (also referred to as “Deloitte Global”) does not provide services to clients.
Deloitte provides audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory services to public and private clients spanning multiple industries. With a globally connected network of member firms in more than 150 countries and territories, Deloitte brings world-class capabilities and high-quality service to clients, delivering the insights they need to address their most complex business challenges. Deloitte’s more than 200,000 professionals are committed to becoming the standard of excellence.
|Career Level||Intermediate (3-6 years)|
|Language||English, Cantonese, Mandarin (Putonghua)|