- Project Management
- Stakeholder Engagement
Planning and Analytics Associate
Location: Hong Kong
Changing the way the world thinks about food delivery is what we’re all about. That’s why we love bringing amazing restaurant food to people like you – whether it’s juicy burgers, fiery curries or fresh poké bowls.
It’s been been a whirlwind of a journey since our launch in 2013 – we’re now in 12 countries and over 200 cities, with stylish headquarters based in the heart of London.
As a food obsessed, friendly bunch, we enjoy brainstorming ideas to solve business challenges – and we’re not afraid of making great ones happen fast.
You will be a part of the team responsible for the operational performance of the delivery network in Hong Kong, encompassing reliability, availability and efficiency. You ensure that we have the right number of riders on the road in the right place at the right time. Additionally, you optimise the rider’s experience of working with Deliveroo whilst taking into consideration the customer’s delivery experience and the wider priorities of the business.
Your responsibilities include:
- Using analytics to improve the delivery network - identifying areas for improvement and owning innovative and data-driven solutions to increase the availability, reliability and efficiency of the network
- Matching supply and demand - using a range of measures to ensure that we have enough riders in the right place at the right time
- Working with stakeholders from other departments - ensuring coordination with upcoming operational changes as well as supporting the work of those departments where possible
- Continuously identifying opportunities for improvement - identifying, prioritising, managing, and executing projects to a deadline to improve operational performance in line with business priorities
- Experimentation - running tests to explore creative solutions and establish the levers that exist when matching supply and demand, for example a/b testing
- Analytical - able to use large data sets to extract the relevant information to both identify and resolve issues
- Strategic - able to ‘think big’ as well as execute ‘on-the-fly’ via understanding the dynamics of our business
- Effective communicator - able to disseminate ideas in a clear, concise manner to the relevant stakeholders
- Track record of ‘getting things done’ - know when you have enough insight to make a call and apply the 80 / 20 rule - rapid high quality decisions
- Logical - get to the crux of an issue quickly, using sound logic and empirical evidence and without over-complication
- Team player - able to work as part of a team and engage stakeholders to achieve a common goal
- Project management - able to identify a project; collect resources; identify and engage the relevant stakeholders, and deliver impactful results
- Workload management - able to prioritise work by considering the impact and scale of the work, as well as managing time effectively to meet deadlines
- Have an opinion - know your stuff, have an opinion, be prepared to debate it, and come to the best solution for Deliveroo
- Inquisitive - infectiously curious, thoughtful and able to question the status-quo
- Become one of the key employees of a fast-growing, exciting startup changing the food delivery landscape
- Open, respectful and fun company culture
- BIG Friday lunches – Deliveroo'd to the office of course!
- Have a real impact on the company’s growth and evolution
- Work with people who love what they do every day
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups around.