You may also like
- Apache Hadoop
- Big Data
- Data Mining
- Data Science
- Machine Learning
- Microsoft Access
- Product Management
VP, Data Engineering & Business Intelligence, Technology & Operations
Location: Hong Kong
DBS. Living, Breathing Asia.
DBS is a leading financial services group in Asia, with over 280 branches across 18 markets. Headquartered and listed in Singapore, DBS has a growing presence in the three key Asian axes of growth: Greater China, Southeast Asia and South Asia. The bank's capital position, as well as "AA-" and "Aa1" credit ratings, is among the highest in Asia-Pacific. DBS has been recognised for its leadership in the region, having been named “Asia’s Best Bank” by The Banker, a member of the Financial Times group, and “Best Bank in Asia-Pacific” by Global Finance. The bank has also been named “Safest Bank in Asia” by Global Finance for nine consecutive years from 2009 to 2017.
- Build data models & ETL pipelines for getting, processing, and delivering data that will make DBS more data driven
- Work with engineering, data science and product management teams to build and manage a wide variety of data sets
- Partner with business teams and stakeholders across the organization to understand their data and analytics needs and design/publish dashboards and reporting that allow them to execute more effectively
- Run ad-hoc queries & exploratory data analyses that lead to actionable insights and/or forms basis for advanced analytical experiments
- Automate data processes; simplify and democratize access to useable data throughout the company
- Become an expert on all aspects of DBS’s data and analytics infrastructure
- Be the driving force behind the adoption and effective use of our data platform and BI tools within every team at DBS
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering or related discipline, with 8+ years’ work experience
- Expert knowledge in database technologies, which means excellent in SQL and a good understanding of trade-offs in building data models
- Strong experience in working with large data sets, building data products incrementally and integrating and managing datasets from multiple sources
- Experience building ETL pipelines and use of data ingestion and management tools such as Talend, Collibra, BlueTalon, etc.
- Coding proficiency and experience in at least one modern programming language (e.g. Python, Java, Spark etc.)
- Experience with Hadoop, Amazon S3 or other big data /object storage technologies
- Experience in designing and publishing dashboards using visualization tools like Qlikview, PowerBI etc.
- Capable of planning and executing on both short-term and long-term goals individually and with the team
- Problem solver with excellent communication skills with ability to make sound complex decisions in a fast-paced, technical environment
- Passionate about various technologies including but not limited to SQL/No SQL/MPP databases etc.
- Experience with streaming data pipelines using any of Kafka, AWS Kinesis, Spark streaming etc.
- Knowledge of/ experience working with statistics and/or Machine learning/predictive analytics/decision models/data mining libraries as well as the tools for developing such (Python/Pandas, R etc.)
- Exposure and knowledge of Security, Encryption and Data Governance
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.
We regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
|Career Level||Senior (6-10 years)|