- Apache Pivot
- Computer Programming
- Data Analysis
- Data Management
- Fixed Income
- Internal Control
- Microsoft Excel
- Risk Management
- Structured Products
VP, Data Analytics, Consumer Banking Group and Wealth HK
Location: Hong Kong
DBS. Living, Breathing Asia.
DBS is a leading financial services group in Asia, with over 280 branches across 18 markets. Headquartered and listed in Singapore, DBS has a growing presence in the three key Asian axes of growth: Greater China, Southeast Asia and South Asia. The bank's capital position, as well as "AA-" and "Aa1" credit ratings, is among the highest in Asia-Pacific. DBS has been recognised for its leadership in the region, having been named “Asia’s Best Bank” by The Banker, a member of the Financial Times group, and “Best Bank in Asia-Pacific” by Global Finance. The bank has also been named “Safest Bank in Asia” by Global Finance for seven consecutive years from 2009 to 2015.
- Define, develop and drive activities to extract surveillance and control related reports from key systems.
- Perform complex analytical analysis to determine trends using advanced statistical techniques.
- Use data analytics to proactively identify ways to prevent and detect fraud, control lapses and potential risks by leveraging information in the Bank’s data asset.
- Understand the importance of all activities contributing to the big picture. Take ownership and, is responsible to drive data analysis to enhance the control framework of the Business. Provide expertise for complex problem solving and risk mitigation.
- Conduct data forensics and identify meaningful patterns and correlations in existing historic data to predict future events and assess the reasons for various fraudulent or high-risk activities.
- Collaborate with internal clients and stakeholders to use data to identify risks and establish effective and focused internal controls. Look beyond traditional “rules-based” queries and analytics to establish robust continuous monitoring.
- Ensure accuracy and appropriate interpretation of data. Develop programs, methodologies, and files for analyzing and presenting data.
- Utilize technical skills to automate controls.
- Exposure to governance, control, and risk management practices and a proven ability to effectively work across teams at all levels.
- Experience in data analysis and/or data management projects.
- Strong analytical mindset.
- Strong Microsoft Office capabilities required and excellent excel skills - pivot tables, vlookups, defining complex formulas, and programming skills.
- Self-starter with proven ability to successfully work with minimal supervision.
- Multitasks, prioritises and meets deadlines with high attention to detail.
- Good understanding of the various asset or product classes (equity, FI, FX, structured products and others) and the related trade data attributes will be an advantage.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.
We regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.