- Complaint Handling
- Regulatory Reporting
- Team Management
Vice President, Wealth Management Compliance, Legal, Compliance & Secretariat
Location: Hong Kong
DBS. Living, Breathing Asia.
DBS is a leading financial services group in Asia, with over 280 branches across 18 markets. Headquartered and listed in Singapore, DBS has a growing presence in the three key Asian axes of growth: Greater China, Southeast Asia and South Asia. The bank's capital position, as well as "AA-" and "Aa1" credit ratings, is among the highest in Asia-Pacific. DBS has been recognised for its leadership in the region, having been named “Asia’s Best Bank” by The Banker, a member of the Financial Times group, and “Best Bank in Asia-Pacific” by Global Finance. The bank has also been named “Safest Bank in Asia” by Global Finance for nine consecutive years from 2009 to 2017.
- Provide prompt, sound and consistent compliance advice, interpretation and recommendation on regulations and policies as well as new products and other business initiatives to Private Banking (PB) and Treasures Private Clients (TPC).
- Work closely with Business Units (BUs) and other compliance teams to establish and implement appropriate compliance policies and procedures
- Handle compliance and regulatory assignments such as complaint handling, regulatory reporting and survey, regulatory examination and PB/TPC related ad hoc project
- Assess training needs, develop and review training materials and conduct training for BUs
- Develop, maintain and revise policies and procedures for the general operation of the business and its related activities to prevent compliance breaches
- Manage day-to-day operation of the PB and TPC’s compliance program and review product / service marketing materials, proposals and implementation of sale process for PB and TPC
- Act as an independent review and evaluation function to ensure that compliance Issues/concerns within PB and TPC are being appropriately evaluated, investigated and resolved
- Monitor and coordinate compliance activities of other departments/ stakeholders to remain abreast of the status of all compliance activities and to identify trends for PB, TPC/ DBSHK as a whole.
- Collaborate with other departments on behalf of PB Compliance Team lead to direct compliance issues to appropriate existing channels for investigation and resolution. Works with legal team as needed to resolve difficult legal compliance issues
- Assist in the Identifying of potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk for PB and TPC; develops/implements corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues, and provides general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future.
- Provide reports on a regular basis, and as directed or requested, to keep senior management informed of the operation and progress of compliance efforts/ tasks (i.e. BRC, PBNA meetings etc).
- Ensure proper reporting of violations or potential violations to duly authorized enforcement agencies (i.e.HKMA, SFC, PCO etc) as appropriate and/or required.
- Institute and maintain an effective compliance communication program for the PB and TPC. To work with other compliance teams and BUs to develop and implement compliance monitoring programs
- Degree in Laws, Finance, Accountancy, or related disciplines, or possession of legal or accountancy professional qualifications
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in compliance / legal or audit department of a bank or authorized / licensed financial institution; or a local or overseas banking or relevant financial supervisory body; or a professional legal or audit / accountancy firm with banking or financial services compliance / regulatory advisory experience.
- Good exposure on regulatory dealing is a must.
- In-depth knowledge of banking and financial sector laws and regulations, compliance best practices and understanding of financial products and operating business, in particular those relating to private banking business
- Good leadership skills to foster compliance culture, in particular in business unit & in the team
- Excellent people management and analytical skills
- Good writing ability and interpersonal and communication skills
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.
We regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
|Career Level||Intermediate (3-6 years)|