- Disaster Recovery Planning
- Management Reporting
- Risk Management
Vice President, Treasury & Markets Compliance, Legal, Compliance & Secretariat
Location: Hong Kong
DBS. Living, Breathing Asia.
DBS is a leading financial services group in Asia, with over 280 branches across 18 markets. Headquartered and listed in Singapore, DBS has a growing presence in the three key Asian axes of growth: Greater China, Southeast Asia and South Asia. The bank's capital position, as well as "AA-" and "Aa1" credit ratings, is among the highest in Asia-Pacific. DBS has been recognised for its leadership in the region, having been named “Asia’s Best Bank” by The Banker, a member of the Financial Times group, and “Best Bank in Asia-Pacific” by Global Finance. The bank has also been named “Safest Bank in Asia” by Global Finance for eight consecutive years from 2009 to 2017.
- Support the Treasury & Markets (T&M) business by providing professional advice and services for all Compliance issues
- Safeguard the bank from compliance and regulatory risk with regards to the banks' transactions, practices and business initiatives
- Have a good understanding and make clear communication of key laws, regulations and compliance requirements applicable to the businesses
- Assess BU’s compliance training needs and give guidance to the team in developing, reviewing and conducting trainings that suit business needs
- Coordinate with Compliance Review team and relevant BUs to conduct risk-based compliance review and monitoring
- Strengthen risk management capabilities by facilitating regulatory inspections, delivering appropriate incident management, enhancing management reporting with improved metrics and compliance manual etc
- Escalate to senior management on major compliance / regulatory issues / violations / complaints, update on key developments, provide constructive advice and recommendations and liaise with regulators as appropriate
- Liaise with regulators on regulatory examinations, investigations and incident reporting
- Provide support to the Head of T&M Compliance for assigned compliance matters.
- A degree in Law, Finance, Accountancy or related disciplines, or possession of legal or accountancy professional qualifications.
- At least 8 years’ experience in compliance / legal or audit department of a bank or authorized / licensed financial institution; or a local or overseas banking or relevant financial supervisory body; or a professional legal or audit / accountancy firm with banking or financial services compliance / regulatory advisory experience
- good exposure to dealing with regulatory matters and liaising with regulators
- In-depth knowledge of banking and financial sector laws and regulations, compliance best practices and understanding of financial products and operating business, in particular those relating to Treasury and Markets
- Ability to understand the business, analyze issues and formulate appropriate recommendations
- Ability to develop a rapport with Treasury and Markets but maintaining independence.
- Ability to foster compliance culture, in particular within Treasury and Markets and the compliance team
- Ability to effectively communicate with management and front line staff to drive compliance initiatives and other relevant process changes / projects
- Ability to develop and coach staff
- Sound interpersonal and communication skills
- Good writing ability
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.
We regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
|Career Level||Senior (6-10 years)|