- Quality Assurance
- Risk Management
Vice President / Assistant Vice President, Risk & Control, Institutional Banking Group COO Office
Location: Hong Kong
DBS. Living, Breathing Asia.
DBS is a leading financial services group in Asia, with over 280 branches across 18 markets. Headquartered and listed in Singapore, DBS has a growing presence in the three key Asian axes of growth: Greater China, Southeast Asia and South Asia. The bank's capital position, as well as "AA-" and "Aa1" credit ratings, is among the highest in Asia-Pacific. DBS has been recognised for its leadership in the region, having been named “Asia’s Best Bank” by The Banker, a member of the Financial Times group, and “Best Bank in Asia-Pacific” by Global Finance. The bank has also been named “Safest Bank in Asia” by Global Finance for seven consecutive years from 2009 to 2015.
- Assist Institutional Banking Group COO and Risk & Control Head to implement risk and control processes and measures within the business segments, with the aim of ensuring a safe and sound operating environment;
- Cover the quality assurance of client on-boarding process and develop a risk-based monitoring / review mechanism in a longer run
- Assist IBG COO and Risk & Control Head to enhance risk governance and control function of front-to-end process of new initiatives in the segment, e.g. Satellite Branches/smart panel set up
- Perform analytical review of past suspected fraud and fraudulent cases as lesson learnt and study any behavioral pattern for preventive measures
- Coordinate and drive automation / digitization of transaction monitoring and fraud prevention
- Assist IBG COO and Risk & Control Head to review sales process, fair dealing, data protection governance of the business and facilitate the business segment to comply with the Bank’s policies / standards and external regulations by:
- Disseminating information, leading and coordinating the implementation of Bank’s policies, procedures & controls to ensure compliance;
- Promoting risk control awareness; and
- Acting as contact person to liaise with other Support Units including Compliance, Legal, Audit and Risk Management on control and compliance matters.
- Coordinate stakeholders within the business segment to review, devise and implement relevant policies, processes, controls, systems, documents to comply with new or amended laws
- Degree holder in relevant discipline including but not limited to business administration and risk management
- Possess at least 8 years’ experience or more in Institutional Banking management or regulatory /compliance or control.
- Sufficient knowledge and experience of the IBG’s business processes and related regulatory requirement, with drive to keep updated on prevailing market and regulatory news and developments.
- Ability to provide balanced view between business expediency as well as risk & control
- Ability to work closely and effectively with relevant stakeholders locally and at regional level to rollout / implement needful control related policies and procedures.
- Strong professional experience on compliance & risk control in banking.
- Knowledge in Institutional Banking products and operations.
- Strong project skills, good communication and analytical skills
- Change agent, decisive and methodical.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.
We regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
|Career Level||Senior (6-10 years)|