You may also like
Manager – Internal Audit (leading a team)
Assistant Internal Audit Manager (Rapidly expanding MNC)
Manager - Internal Audit
Manager Internal Audit
Assistant Audit Manager (Financial Markets)
Bank of China
- Asset Allocation
- External Audit
- Internal Audit
- Internal Control
- Project Management
- Risk Management
Vice President / Assistant Vice President, Audit (Basel)
Location: Hong Kong
DBS. Living, Breathing Asia.
DBS is a leading financial services group in Asia, with over 280 branches across 18 markets. Headquartered and listed in Singapore, DBS has a growing presence in the three key Asian axes of growth: Greater China, Southeast Asia and South Asia. The bank's capital position, as well as "AA-" and "Aa1" credit ratings, is among the highest in Asia-Pacific. DBS has been recognised for its leadership in the region, having been named “Asia’s Best Bank” by The Banker, a member of the Financial Times group, and “Best Bank in Asia-Pacific” by Global Finance. The bank has also been named “Safest Bank in Asia” by Global Finance for eight consecutive years from 2009 to 2016.
- Provide independent audit assurance service to the Board and Executive Management through examination and evaluation of the adequacy and effectiveness of DBS Group’s system of internal controls, risk management procedures, governance processes and quality of performance
- Oversee coverage of Basel audits and their key risk areas within Greater China
- Plan, manage and execute Basel audits properly in accordance with departmental and professional standards. Manage assignments efficiently and effectively including approving / reviewing the audit planning, risk matrices, and testing strategy.
- Escalate all major risk, control and regulatory issues arising during the audits and present the audit findings / reports on a timely basis
- Provide audit team members with proper guidance and coaching supervision during audit engagements
- Manage key relationships with middle and senior management for the Basel portfolio.
- Assist the team manager to communicate and deliver timely, concise and insightful control issues to senior management and the Audit Committee and manage relationship with regulators and external auditors.
- Develop and manage the annual audit plan for the Basel portfolio within Greater China.
- Degree holder in any disciplines, with strong quantitative / statistical background preferred
- More than 8 years’ experience with relevant business or auditing background in financial institutions, external audit firms or consulting firms, or internal audit of banks
- Previous experience in financial institution audit or consultancy background relating to Basel / risk management is an advantage
- Good understanding of Basel / risk management practices and controls in financial institutions
- Strong influencing, negotiating and conflict resolution skills
- Good planning and project management skills
- Ability to establish effective relationships with business executives.
- Solid reporting, presentation and communication skills in English. Cantonese and Putonghua is an advantage
- Candidate with less experience will be considered as Assistant Vice President.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.
We regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
|Career Level||Senior (6-10 years)|
|Language||English, Cantonese, Mandarin (Putonghua)|