- Operational Risk
- Risk Analysis
- Risk Management
- Wealth Management
Senior Vice President, Operational Risk, Risk Management Group
Location: Hong Kong
DBS. Living, Breathing Asia.
DBS is a leading financial services group in Asia, with over 280 branches across 18 markets. Headquartered and listed in Singapore, DBS has a growing presence in the three key Asian axes of growth: Greater China, Southeast Asia and South Asia. The bank's capital position, as well as "AA-" and "Aa1" credit ratings, is among the highest in Asia-Pacific. DBS has been recognised for its leadership in the region, having been named “Asia’s Best Bank” by The Banker, a member of the Financial Times group, and “Best Bank in Asia-Pacific” by Global Finance. The bank has also been named “Safest Bank in Asia” by Global Finance for seven consecutive years from 2009 to 2015.
- Provide supervisory oversight on Operational Risk governance, policies and reporting to ensure consistent application across all units of the bank and compliance with Hong Kong regulatory requirements. This includes providing country’s views into group policies, programmes and initiatives and liaison with regulators and external stakeholders on operational risk related matters
- Provide supervisory and holistic risk controller coverage of the major business units including Consumer Banking and Wealth Management businesses
- Partner with senior stakeholders in implementing/maintaining the Operational Risk policies and tools including Risk and Control Self-Assessment and New Product Approval and Outsourcing policies
- Manage and develop a team of Operational Risk professionals by providing leadership, guidance, coaching and counseling
- Assess key operational risk issues at the strategic level and provide timely risk analyses and reporting to senior management and board
- Review major operational risk events for proper identification of root causes, evaluate cross-unit implications and effective and timely implementation of remediation plans
- Promote risk and control awareness through comprehensive training programmes, sharing of best practices and lessons learnt
- Be engaged in major change initiatives of the business and support units and provide strategic input to mitigate operational risk
- Drive escalation and discussion of significant issues at the Hong Kong Operational Risk Committee and Risk Executive Committee
- Degree holder in Risk Management or related disciplines
- Minimum 12 years working experience in financial institutions with at least 5 years in a senior role driving Operational Risk governance and processes
- Comprehensive knowledge of banking products and operations especially in the areas of Consumer Banking and Wealth Management
- Sound knowledge of Hong Kong regulatory requirements and experience in interacting with regulators
- Ability to assess and prioritize operational risks on a strategic level, evaluate cross-unit implications and provide effective holistic recommendations
- A self-starter who is adaptable and embraces change, and provides an environment for the team to do the same
- Strong presentation and inter-personal skills with ability to work with and influence individuals of different seniorities
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.
We regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
|Career Level||Lead (more than 10 years)|