- Business Modeling
- Data Analysis
- Data Management
Senior Manager (Data Analyst), Innovation & Ecosystems
Location: Hong Kong
DBS. Living, Breathing Asia.
DBS is a leading financial services group in Asia, with over 280 branches across 18 markets. Headquartered and listed in Singapore, DBS has a growing presence in the three key Asian axes of growth: Greater China, Southeast Asia and South Asia. The bank's capital position, as well as "AA-" and "Aa1" credit ratings, is among the highest in Asia-Pacific. DBS has been recognised for its leadership in the region, having been named “Asia’s Best Bank” by The Banker, a member of the Financial Times group, and “Best Bank in Asia-Pacific” by Global Finance. The bank has also been named “Safest Bank in Asia” by Global Finance for nine consecutive years from 2009 to 2017.
- Conduct research and data analysis to discover business insights and hidden information to help management to make smarter decisions to deliver even better products.
- Build business models and algorithms to test and validate new ideas to improve business outcomes.
- Interpret the data to benchmark and provide creative alternatives and recommendations to the BUs to work more efficiently and innovatively
- Assemble and summarize data to structure sophisticated reports and business models
- Conduct business studies on past, future and comparative performance and develop forecast models
- Identify trends in FinTech, advise and recommend actions based on sound analysis
- Research and develop statistical learning models for data analysis
- Engage project teams (business representatives, IT, operations, subject matter experts, other departments) to ensure the projects are delivered according to sponsors’ expectations, agreed time and cost estimates.
- Initiate, oversee and manage data projects to ensure all aspects of the projects are planned, tracked and implemented to successful completion.
- Define and agree project scope with relevant stakeholders to achieve desired business outcomes.
- Degree holder
- Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, SQL, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests, etc.) and experience with applications.
- Any experience with start-up valuation at a VC will be an advantage.
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
- Flexibility and ability to multi-task and take on different types of roles and activities at the same time
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.
We regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.