- Customer Service
- Relationship Management
- Social Media
- Stakeholder Management
Executive Director / Senior Vice President, Hong Kong Innovation Head, Innovation Group
Location: Hong Kong
DBS. Living, Breathing Asia.
DBS is a leading financial services group in Asia, with over 280 branches across 18 markets. Headquartered and listed in Singapore, DBS has a growing presence in the three key Asian axes of growth: Greater China, Southeast Asia and South Asia. The bank's capital position, as well as "AA-" and "Aa1" credit ratings, is among the highest in Asia-Pacific. DBS has been recognised for its leadership in the region, having been named “Asia’s Best Bank” by The Banker, a member of the Financial Times group, and “Best Bank in Asia-Pacific” by Global Finance. The bank has also been named “Safest Bank in Asia” by Global Finance for seven consecutive years from 2009 to 2015.
About the Innovation Group
Here at the DBS Innovation Group, we focus on nurturing the culture of the “World’s Best Digital Bank” (Euromoney, 2016). Our approach is a combination of both science and art. We immerse our stakeholders in the world of design thinking and experimentation, drive rigorous creativity along our innovation pipeline, and build connections between corporate entrepreneurs and start-ups. We are a cross-disciplinary team focused on the invention of solutions that will radically improve the way people live, work and play.
About this role
The Innovation Group is looking for a strategic and results-driven Hong Kong Innovation Head who will drive the innovation mission and agenda in Hong Kong for the Bank. Reporting to the Chief Innovation Officer (based in Singapore), you will inspire and lead your Innovation team to transform the culture of the bank and propagate the digital mindset. You will assess and define the innovation strategy through a Hong Kong lens, and create customized programs if needed.
- Drive the bank’s strategic innovation agenda in Hong Kong and support best practices
- Create and build conceptual space for innovation for the bank
- Promote open innovation and idea generation platforms
- Responsible for the direction of skills development for the bank staff (e.g. Human Centered Design and Lean Start-up Methodology).
- Support business units in new product and services initiatives
- Identify new market spaces, analyze trends and market disruptions
- Grow partnerships with multiple internal and external stakeholders, thereby charting the innovation roadmap to enhance customer experience and better engage customers in the digital landscape
- Design a shelter for promising projects
- Develop (or adapt existing) tracking frameworks
- Possess an inquisitive and creative mind
- Be an active member of innovation and Fintech communities
- Have an extensive social media profile
- Independent and self-directed but able to work with and lead teams of creative individuals
- Excellent relationship and stakeholder management skills
- Superior research and analytical skills to track and predict trends
- Able to work creatively within a budget and use innovation to find ways of more effectively managing resources
- Strong business knowledge, understanding of a variety of business practices, and familiarity with the banking and finance industry
- At least 15 years’ experience in a similar or related capacity, including significant managerial responsibilities
- Strong communication, presentation and writing skills, in both English and Cantonese (speaking)/traditional Chinese (writing)
- Willing to handle medium to extensive travel
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.
We regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
|Career Level||Lead (more than 10 years)|