Data Conversion Manager, Technology
Location: Hong Kong
DBS. Living, Breathing Asia.
DBS is a leading financial services group in Asia, with over 280 branches across 18 markets. Headquartered and listed in Singapore, DBS has a growing presence in the three key Asian axes of growth: Greater China, Southeast Asia and South Asia. The bank's capital position, as well as "AA-" and "Aa1" credit ratings, is among the highest in Asia-Pacific. DBS has been recognised for its leadership in the region, having been named “Asia’s Best Bank” by The Banker, a member of the Financial Times group, and “Best Bank in Asia-Pacific” by Global Finance. The bank has also been named “Safest Bank in Asia” by Global Finance for seven consecutive years from 2009 to 2015.
- Participate in technology and business projects as part of the overall Hong Kong Core Banking Program.
- Take lead in the end to end delivery of all data transformation, extraction and migration activities.
- A central escalation point for the HKCB data migration across all technology applications.
- Ensure that any key fields and business rules relied upon as part of any ongoing ETL or deduplication are conveyed clearly to the technology and business teams.
- Work with data owners to verify and obtain approval that any transformed data retains its accuracy
- Own the reject and exception handling processes associated with ETL tools
- Execute one off data migration jobs as required
- Manage and test all vendor patches impacting the conversion
- Degree holder of related disciplines
- Minimum 5 years experience in major data migration projects within Banking or Financial Services industry
- Experience of ETL tools, data conversion and migration of large scale data between systems
- In depth expertise in Transact SQL and ETL tools & experience in the use of data models and data lineage diagrams
- Able to develop effective relationships with team members, the business and external Vendors
- Able to anticipate and understand business expectations, and ensure that their requirements are met and expectations appropriately managed
- Strong in problem solving; accountable for own decision and result
- Effective written and verbal communication skills suited for technical audiences, peers, IT management, vendors and the business
- Candidate with less relevant experience will be considered as contractor
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.
We regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
|Career Level||Intermediate (3-6 years)|