- Deal Execution
- Financial Modeling
- Fixed Income
- Listing Rules
- Mergers & Acquisitions
AVP/Senior Associate, Strategic Advisory, Institutional Banking Group
Location: Hong Kong
DBS. Living, Breathing Asia.
DBS is a leading financial services group in Asia, with over 280 branches across 18 markets. Headquartered and listed in Singapore, DBS has a growing presence in the three key Asian axes of growth: Greater China, Southeast Asia and South Asia. The bank's capital position, as well as "AA-" and "Aa1" credit ratings, is among the highest in Asia-Pacific. DBS has been recognised for its leadership in the region, having been named “Asia’s Best Bank” by The Banker, a member of the Financial Times group, and “Best Bank in Asia-Pacific” by Global Finance. The bank has also been named “Safest Bank in Asia” by Global Finance for eight consecutive years from 2009 to 2016.
- Analyse the strategic benefits and risks of an M&A transaction, including the rationale and timing.
- Conduct Valuation of Companies including Discounted Cash Flow, listed peer multiples, precedent transaction comps, historical share prices, NTA, NAV, research analysts’ target prices, entry prices of key shareholders.
- Analyse optimal capital structure and shareholder value. The analysis will also cover capital raising plan through various capital instruments such as equity, equity linked instrument, bank borrowings, fixed income instruments and structured solutions.
- Analyse the benefits and key considerations of divestures via sale trade sale, spin-off IPO and dividend-in-specie.
- Provide “boardroom” advice on matters related to development & growth, industry practices and strategic transformation.
- Execute methods for an M&A transaction (“How”), including knowledge of schemes of arrangement, schemes of amalgamation, takeovers, voluntary delistings and reverse take-overs.
- Support the senior bankers in deal execution and share deal experience with junior bankers.
- Support the senior bankers in the formation of ideas to pitch to clients with the necessary research and data gathering as well as numbers crunching.
- Coordinate with IBG RMs and Product Groups to jointly develop proposals and prepare presentations for clients.
- Master or Bachelor degree holder with at least 3 years of relevant experience in the M&A, corporate finance, investment banking and / or accounting industry
- Professional qualification in finance discipline such as CFA, CPA etc is preferred but not a pre-requisite.
- Solid corporate finance knowledge including valuation & Financial modelling
- Proficiency in using data service providers such as Bloomberg, Thomson etc.
- Fluency in English, Mandarin and Cantonese.
- Familiar with Takeover Codes and Listing Rules and Relevant legislations such as Companies Act and Securities & Futures Act.
- Excellent presentation of ideas, both written and verbal
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.
We regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
|Career Level||Intermediate (3-6 years)|
|Qualification||Certified Public Accountant (HKICPA), CFA Level III / CFA Charterholder|
|Language||English, Cantonese, Mandarin (Putonghua)|