Associate / Analyst, Audit
Location: Hong Kong
DBS. Living, Breathing Asia.
DBS is a leading financial services group in Asia, with over 280 branches across 18 markets. Headquartered and listed in Singapore, DBS has a growing presence in the three key Asian axes of growth: Greater China, Southeast Asia and South Asia. The bank's capital position, as well as "AA-" and "Aa1" credit ratings, is among the highest in Asia-Pacific. DBS has been recognised for its leadership in the region, having been named “Asia’s Best Bank” by The Banker, a member of the Financial Times group, and “Best Bank in Asia-Pacific” by Global Finance. The bank has also been named “Safest Bank in Asia” by Global Finance for seven consecutive years from 2009 to 2015.
- Use Big Data analytics techniques to uncover irregular, hidden patterns and unknown correlations of data sets and behavior to identify risk or control breakdowns throughout the business process.
- Develop data analytics programs and reporting tools by using fast-emerging data-analytic techniques and capabilities, such as SAS, SQL and Qlikview to identify anomalies that require further investigation and management attention.
- Automate data preparation tasks for continuous auditing and data analytics purpose.
- Work with the team to develop new functions and enhance existing functions of computer-assisted audit techniques (CAATs).
- Provide an independent professional internal audit service to the Board and Executive Management through the examination and evaluation of the adequacy and effectiveness of DBS Group’s system of internal controls, risk management procedures, governance processes and the quality of performance in carrying out assigned responsibilities.
- Update and maintain audit risk matrices, including audit work papers for each audit engagement.
- Test and follow up all outstanding audit issues for proper implementation during each audit engagement.
- Degree holder in Information System/ Information Technology, Data Analytics and Business Intelligence field.
- At least 1-2 years experience in data analytics or programming, preferably in banking industry. (Candidate with more experience will be considered for Associate) with relevant business in a financial institution or in consulting firms.
- Hands-on experience in SAS, VB, Microsoft SQL, Microsoft Access SQL scripting, shell scripts programming (including regular expression), QlikView or C#.
- Able to complete the task independently and tight timeline.
- Willing to learn and work in various kinds of reporting tool (e.g. QlikView or C#) and languages.
- Good command of Cantonese and English.
- Experience in Teradata SQL and Machine Learning is a plus.
- Ability to maintain an independent perspective.
- Ability to establish effective relationships with the team.
- Effective interpersonal and organisational skills.
- Creativity skills necessary to identify innovative control related alternatives or opportunities.
- Good learning ability with a keen desire to support the learning of others.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.
We regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
- Big Data
- Business Intelligence
- C (Programming Language)
- Internal Audit
- Internal Control
- Machine Learning
- Microsoft Access
- Risk Management
- SAS (Statistical Software)
- Shell Script
- Visual Basic