- Cost Management
- Financial Reporting
- Management Accounting
- Microsoft Access
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Powerpoint
- Performance Analysis
- Process Reengineering
- Quantitative Analysis
Assistant Vice President / Vice President, Business Performance and Cost Management, Business Finance - CBG and Wealth Management
Location: Hong Kong
DBS. Living, Breathing Asia.
DBS is a leading financial services group in Asia, with over 280 branches across 18 markets. Headquartered and listed in Singapore, DBS has a growing presence in the three key Asian axes of growth: Greater China, Southeast Asia and South Asia. The bank's capital position, as well as "AA-" and "Aa1" credit ratings, is among the highest in Asia-Pacific. DBS has been recognised for its leadership in the region, having been named “Asia’s Best Bank” by The Banker, a member of the Financial Times group, and “Best Bank in Asia-Pacific” by Global Finance. The bank has also been named “Safest Bank in Asia” by Global Finance for eight consecutive years from 2009 to 2017.
- To support all segments and Branch Network business for cost management and planning underpinning revenue growth, profitability, productivity, capital and return
- To provide business finance support for new projects and initiatives (e.g., new product launches, system enhancements; and strategic cost management).
- To prepare and analyze Financial performance – Monthly Performance Analysis, Flash and Forecasting, annual Budgeting, etc looking at product level, in areas of revenue, margins, volumes, direct and allocated expenses, headcount.
- To provide commentaries on MoM, YoY and Vs Budget commentaries as part of Business Review.
- To advice and support Business with regards to accounting policy and financial controls.
- To advise on daily accounting entries upon request by departments by applying applicable accounting standard, bank policy
- To facilitate expense management by analyzing and monitoring with relevant support units on cost allocations and review department expenses accruals
- To co-ordinate with Regional BUC team and Group MIS team for monthly submission of flash and periodic forecast.
- To provide fact-based discussion and direction-setting on all key business issues underpinning revenue growth, profitability, productivity, return on RWA and control.
- Possess more than 8 years of experience in management accounting or financial reporting analysis.
- Degree in Accountancy, Finance, Quantitative Analysis, Business Analytics related discipline
- CPA or CFA qualification preferred
- Finance/accounting knowledge and understanding of business dynamic
- Well-versed in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Powerpoint
- Possess strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent communication skills in English and Chinese
- A self-starter, independent and be able to thrive in a fast paced and changing environment
- Hand-on experiences in process re-engineering a plus
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.
We regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
|Career Level||Senior (6-10 years)|
|Qualification||CFA Level III / CFA Charterholder|