- Business Development
- Corporate Actions
- Disaster Recovery Planning
- General Ledger
- Risk Management
- Team Management
Assistant Vice President, Securities & Fiduciary Services
Location: Hong Kong
DBS. Living, Breathing Asia.
DBS is a leading financial services group in Asia, with over 280 branches across 18 markets. Headquartered and listed in Singapore, DBS has a growing presence in the three key Asian axes of growth: Greater China, Southeast Asia and South Asia. The bank's capital position, as well as "AA-" and "Aa1" credit ratings, is among the highest in Asia-Pacific. DBS has been recognised for its leadership in the region, having been named “Asia’s Best Bank” by The Banker, a member of the Financial Times group, and “Best Bank in Asia-Pacific” by Global Finance. The bank has also been named “Safest Bank in Asia” by Global Finance for nine consecutive years from 2009 to 2017.
- Assist the Team Manager to supervise and guide the subordinates to ensure smooth running of the section.
- Collect corporate actions announcement through CCASS broadcast, HKEX website, share registrars and notifications from sub-custodians.
- Manage the distribute benefit entitlement to client timely and efficiently.
- Handle and release corporate actions advises to clients and act on their subsequent instructions.
- Manage the proxy voting services by informing the agenda of the meeting to clients and arrange to vote according to client’s instructions
- Manage the process of lodgements, coupon payments and redemptions of paying agent services.
- Manage the process of custody account maintenance.
- Manage the process of statement dispatches.
- Manage the process of monthly fee billings and collections.
- Provide second level client services. Handle customer inquiries and resolve / escalate problems in an efficient manner.
- Handle day-to-day operations and perform checking on work done (e.g. statistic data maintenance, information updating, reconciliation of General Ledger accounts, preparation of transaction and miscellaneous reports etc.
- Comply with regulatory requirements (such as HKMA, MAS, SFC etc.) and Audit / Risk Management guidelines pertaining to the operations.
- Report any suspicious / outstanding transaction or incident to Team Manager, Department Head and other relevant parties for necessary action per the Incident Management Policy.
- Participate in user acceptance test for system enhancements. Review business requirements and functional specifications. Prepare test cases and conduct testing.
- Participate in project initiatives and business development, e.g. customer implementation, business continuity management, review of operational procedures, policies and guidelines; specific and job-related training etc.
- Handle regular and ad-hoc tasks as designed by Team Manager and Department Head.
- University Graduate or above
- At least 5 years of relevant working experience in banking operations with 3 year experience of people management
- Sound experience of banking operations and practices
- Be fully conversant with CCASS, SFC Rules, SFO and HKICL
- Be familiar with the market trend and new product / system development of local and foreign securities market
- Good leadership and management capabilities
- Self-motivated with strong analytical mind and creative thinking
- Able to build an effective teamwork within the section and co-operate in a harmonious and productive manner with superiors
- Good interpersonal, problem solving and negotiation techniques
- Good team player, supportive and flexible to take up departmental tasks
- Excellent communication skills and command in English and Chinese (both spoken & written)
- Good presentation skills and knowledge in MS Office
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.
We regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
|Career Level||Intermediate (3-6 years)|