Assistant Vice President Economist, Group Research
Location: Hong Kong
DBS. Living, Breathing Asia.
DBS is a leading financial services group in Asia, with over 280 branches across 18 markets. Headquartered and listed in Singapore, DBS has a growing presence in the three key Asian axes of growth: Greater China, Southeast Asia and South Asia. The bank's capital position, as well as "AA-" and "Aa1" credit ratings, is among the highest in Asia-Pacific. DBS has been recognised for its leadership in the region, having been named “Asia’s Best Bank” by The Banker, a member of the Financial Times group, and “Best Bank in Asia-Pacific” by Global Finance. The bank has also been named “Safest Bank in Asia” by Global Finance for seven consecutive years from 2009 to 2015.
• Cover HK economy comprehensively
• Assist the Senior Economist to cover China macroeconomics
• Prepare numerous presentations materials to senior management and client events
• Maintain HK/China economics data spreadsheets
• Facilitate inter-departmental collaborative projects
• Degree holder in Economics, Political Science or International Relations
• 3-5 years of relevant experience in research/finance institutions
• Eloquent in English and Mandarin to present confidently verbally and in written English
• Quantitatively proficient in managing spreadsheets and simple econometric modeling
• Able to write independent economic reports timely
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.
We regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
|Career Level||Intermediate (3-6 years)|