- Cost Management
- Graphic Design
- Product Development
- Quality Assurance
Purchasing Manager - Corporate Brand Food & Non-Food
Location: Quarry Bay 鰂魚涌
Dairy Farm is a leading pan-Asian retailer operating over 6,500 outlets, and employing over 180,000 people across 11 countries. Dairy Farm’s total annual sales exceeded US$17 billion and has a customer base of over 1 billion consumers across its highly diversified businesses. The Group operates supermarkets, health and beauty stores, convenience stores, home furnishings stores and restaurants under well known brands ranging from Wellcome and Mannings, to 7-Eleven, and IKEA. With such a broad offering and wide geographic reach, we welcome applications from candidates with a passion for retail, and a pioneering spirit to join our expanding team.Purchasing Manager - Corporate Brand Food & Non-Food
Develop and launch private label food and non food product ranges for the various Dairy Farm retail food formats , aligning with Group strategy and direction so as to maximize sales, margins and profitability, achieving the business targets of the Group. The major responsibilities include:
- Conceptualize product ideas, develop and launch new private label food and non-food product ranges (including ongoing improvements of existing products) in collaboration with Business Units.
- Ensure efficient and profitable management of the product development process including supplier liaison, price negotiation, innovating packaging, cost management, marketing and establishing operational and merchandising guidelines.
- Perform competitive market analysis with the objective of identifying new product opportunities.
- Keeping up to date with forthcoming trends, making sure our product is developed in the correct direction and is relevant in the market place.
- Coordinate with Design and QA, ensuring that design and QA-regulatory guidelines are complied.
- Develop and manage relationship with suppliers.
- Responsible for sales (sell-through) & margin for Private Label lines developed.
- Plan and perform marketing /promotional strategies of Private Label lines with respective Business Units.
- Oversee work of subordinates to ensure the consistency and quality completion of tasks assigned through effective guidance, supervision and identification of training needs.
- Bachelor degree in Business, Marketing, or other related discipline
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experiences in FMCG product development, sales and merchandising
- Preferred those with work experience with food and non-food products
- A sound understanding in product development and category management metrics and techniques are essential
- Strong negotiation skills with a good analytical mind and business planning abilities
- Highly independent, good interpersonal, communication and time-management skills
- Open to travel to factories / business units in the region
- Able to work under tight timeline and pressure
- Good team player
- Good command on both written and spoken Chinese (Mandarin) and English
- Candidate with less experience will consider as Assistant Manager
|Career Level||Lead (more than 10 years)|
|Language||English, Cantonese, Mandarin (Putonghua)|