- Cash Handling
- Change Management
- Microsoft Outlook
- Project Management
- Project Planning
- Stakeholder Management
- Vendor Management
IT Programme Manager, Point of Sale (POS)
Location: Quarry Bay 鰂魚涌
A fantastic opportunity has arisen within the Group IT team for a Programme Manager to drive forward the delivery of Point of Sale (POS) portfolio.
The successful candidate will be responsible for defining and implementing a new POS solution across a number of markets working in collaboration with local IT teams and 3rd party vendors. The role reports into the Group IT Director owning the portfolio for all customer-facing technology.
This role is a key part of Dairy Farm’s focus on developing an omni-channel environment to provide a relevant, engaging customer experience across all 11 markets that we operate within.
Owning and Driving Forward Programme Plans
- Defining and driving forward delivery plans across the POS portfolio covering multiple projects working closely with internal and 3rd party vendor teams
- Responsible for planning and optimising resources in line with business change priorities so that a realistic delivery programme is established and run
- Proactively managing project risks, issues, assumptions and dependencies - being clear on the available options and associated consequences in delivering plans
- Preparing and managing forecasts to cover the development and ongoing tracking of project budgets
- Ensuring adherence to internal processes, governance, tools and templates
- Working closely with senior stakeholders across business unit s to understand local business needs and how best to deliver innovative solutions to meet and exceed expectations
- Developing strong working relationships across the IT leadership teams and peers to support the delivery of project plans
- Managing and strengthening partnerships with 3rd party vendors to develop a shared understanding of what needs to be delivered
- Communicating clearly, concisely and with confidence across all levels
Team Working & Thought Leadership
- Working in close collaboration (in a matrix-based environment) across all internal IT and 3rd party vendor teams
- Providing support and coaching to others – share experience around project management discipline, skills and digital competencies
- Acting as a role model to others – keeping your skills up-to-date by keeping up with the latest technology and market trends
Experience – You have…
- A proven track-record in delivery of POS solutions in a multi-country/multi-banner environment
- Significant programme management experience covering a complex programme/portfolio of IT Change projects in a challenging environment
- Ability to prepare detailed plans, actively manage significant risks / issues and strong financial control with budgets exceeding c$5m
- Ability to influence and communicate effectively with senior (C-Level) executives
- Demonstration of working in a matrix team - across a range of IT teams focused on delivering the best outcome on time, within budget and to agreed quality standards
- Managed people – either directly or through coaching others
- Proven vendor management experience dealing with multiple vendors
- Fluent communication skills in spoken and written English
Experience – You might also have…
- Implementation experience using PCMS, NCR or Diebold-Nixdorf POS solutions
- Completed roll-outs of either NCR or Diebold-Nixdorf Self Check-out solutions
- Involvement in the rollout of closed-loop cash handling solutions
- Business and Operations Knowledge within Retail Industry (covering Food, Health & Beauty and Convenience businesses)
- Working knowledge and experience of AGILE SCRUM
- PMP, PRINCE2, PMI Qualifications
- AGILE Background (SCRUM or others)
This job might be for you if…
- Analysis and decision making/Thinking skills
- You enjoy solving problems - consistently adopting strong, logical thinking when solving problems. If you don’t know the answer, you’ll keep on investigating until you find it.
- You think on the longer-term consequences of decisions. You demonstrate a broad outlook and ability to think medium to long-term.
- You are able to adapt and react quickly to changing priorities.
- Influencing skills
- You demonstrate clear leadership and the ability to influence and persuade across all levels, particularly with senior C-level executives.
- You work closely with internal and 3rd party vendor teams to ensure a common shared understanding of vision, objectives and goals.
- Customer focus/Execution Capability
- You are keen to know the customer better. You want to know what challenges they face to help serve them better.
- You have a relentless focus and passion for delivery. You achieve a huge amount of important work for our customers. You make a positive difference for our customers.
- You are seen as an expert for your area and someone others can rely on.
- Personal Focus/Taking initiative
- You work effectively with little supervision focused on delivering results and how they are delivered.
- You thrive working in a matrix-team environment getting the best out of others who you do not line manage directly
- You take ownership of issues. You don’t wait to be asked. You identify solutions to address them and make things happen.
- Development of others/Team Work
- You love working with others to make things happen. You apply your own knowledge but also take time to listen to others and develop on their ideas.
- You help create a high performing, positive team environment – one where everyone wants to perform at their best every day.
- You are visible and are seen to be a leader in challenging situations.
- You actively share your knowledge and experience with others.
- Communicating with Impact
- You communicate clearly. Whether that’s via e-mail, in person or by phone. You speak in a language that others understand easily.
- You show positive energy in the face of adversity and share your passion for this space
|Qualification||Project Management Professional (PMP), PRINCE2 Foundation|