- Fixed Income
- Legal Documentation
- OTC Structured Products
- PRC Law
- Structured Products
Greater China Country Coverage Lawyer #122883
Location: Hong Kong-Hong Kong-Hong Kong
This role is an AVP legal position, within the Greater China Country Coverage legal team, to be based in Hong Kong. The lawyer will provide legal and regulatory support covering a wide range of financial products, services and projects engaged in by the Bank relating to the PRC. The lawyer will also contribute a small portion of his/her time to providing support to cross-border Taiwan transactions, including derivatives and structured products, mainly from a jurisdictional perspective. The lawyer’s responsibilities will primarily include:
- Providing transactional support from a PRC legal and regulatory perspective to both Fixed Income and Equities OTC derivatives and structured product businesses which require specific PRC expertise, including reviewing term sheets, presentation/marketing materials, confirmations and other transactional documents, assessing capacity and authority and identifying reputational risk
- Assisting in providing legal support across all divisions concerning PRC-related cross-border products/services such as QFII, RQFII, QDII, RDII regimes and other PRC related projects and business initiatives
- Advising on queries relating to PRC law issues in master agreements negotiations
- Reviewing PRC related general legal agreements
- Attending relevant industry meetings relevant to the PRC
- Researching and preparing reports on the latest legal and regulatory developments in the PRC and Taiwan which may impact the businesses or build new business opportunities and maintaining a Greater China legal know-how database
- You have minimum 3-4 years' relevant experience working in a leading law firm or in-house at a leading financial institution – PRC qualification a requirement.
- You have strong interest in financial markets/services – essential.
- With PRC legal and regulatory knowledge, your prior experience in derivatives and structured products is desirable.
- Fluency in Mandarin is beneficial in order to draft legal documents and cater the China market.
- You possess strong legal and analytical skills with a good judgment and control mind-set.
- You are a dedicated learner and a strong team-player.
- You have the ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks with a strong attention to detail.
- You are able to work effectively and collaboratively with other teams, businesses and relevant partners – possessing clear communication and good interpersonal skills, resilient under-pressure, and able to master new material quickly.
|Career Level||Intermediate (3-6 years)|
|Language||English, Mandarin (Putonghua)|