- Software Development
- User Experience (UX)
Front Office Developer #113820
Location: Hong Kong-Hong Kong-Hong Kong
You will join the Front Office development team working for the leading Derivatives franchise in the APAC region.
The IT team is a key partner to the Derivatives business in APAC and has been a major contributor to its recent success. In order to benefit further from the growth potential in the region, additional funding has been allocated for us to grow further.
A number of new and exciting projects have been initiated, enabling you to directly contribute to the success of the Business. Naturally, project details are commercially-sensitive but all our projects exhibit the following common features:
- Significant business engagement and user-interaction
- Technical autonomy and innovation
- Highly motivated and engaged development teams
- High quality and commercial benefits
As an agile application developer you will work together with front office users and members of the development team to provide quality systems that: improve productivity, decrease operational risk, enable the business to expand and make users smile. These are high profile applications that offer you the opportunity to shape the future technical direction and take ownership for functional components.
- Develop, test, design, manage and support high quality systems
- Become a strategic part of the CS business by building strong relationships with the Front Office, understanding the challenges they face and using your technical expertise to deliver the systems we need
- Maintain a strong focus on quality
- Be willing and able to adapt to changes in priorities and requirements
- Remain open and alert to new technology opportunities
- Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Computer Engineering or related discipline is preferred but not required
- Significant work experience in commercial software development, predominantly full stack web frameworks and exposure to more recent technologies
- A real passion for Agile working practices and a strong desire to work with baked-in quality disciplines, such as TDD and test automation
- Proven ability to work well in delivering complex systems in a changing, fast paced environment
- The ability to develop intuitive and robust user interfaces which improves user experience
- Sound knowledge of application architecture and design