You may also like
Data Architect/ Engineer (in Shenzhen)
Advisory - Data & Analytics - Big Data Architect
Ernst & Young (EY)
Assistant Vice President, Cards, Data and Analytics
- Data Analysis
Ove Arup and Partners
- Big Data
- Business Intelligence
VP, Data Analytics, Consumer Banking Group and Wealth HK
- Apache Pivot
- Apache Hadoop
- Computer Programming
- Data Mining
- Machine Learning
- Software Development
Data Scientist #114944
Location: Hong Kong-Hong Kong-Hong Kong
We are looking for an experienced data scientist/engineer to work on a green field trade recommendation engine which will have a significant impact on certain areas of the business. You will be working with data in a newly built data lake and your skills and experience will make you a catalyst to the development of the product.
You will be working closely with the highly motivated development team, product owners and users to develop feature sets, models and algorithms and you will use your analytical background to analyze and define future data requirements. In addition, your great agile software engineering skills will allow you to deliver solutions that delight our users. You will This is a high profile role which will offer you the opportunity to craft the future direction of a strategically important platform.
- Design, develop, test, deploy and support high quality systems.
- Become a strategic part of the CS business by building positive and effective relationships with all business partners, understanding the challenges they face and using your expertise to help deliver the systems we need.
- Collaborate with the Product Owner closely to help deliver solutions.
- Understand the different technology domains within the Bank and how the data across domains is interrelated.
- Constantly analyze and improve the performance and quality of the product and team.
- Be willing and able to adapt to changes in priorities and requirements.
- Remain open and alert to new technology opportunities.
We have a preference for the following knowledge and experience:
- You have Apache Spark/Hadoop ecosystem knowledge.
- You have willingness to learn new technologies, strategies and tools.
- You have automated testing and related frameworks.
- Experience of Machine Learning techniques
- You have some experience of NoSQL databases such as MongoDB.
- You are familiar with Agile development practices.
We expect these qualifications and work experience:
- Your Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Computer Engineering or related discipline is preferred but not required.
- You have significant work experience in commercial software development and more recent technologies.
- You have experience in the areas of data analytics, data mining and machine learning.
- You have theoretical foundations as well as practical experience crafting and implementing distributed systems.
- You have attested ability to work well in delivering complex systems in a dynamic changing environment.
We value these characteristics:
- Pragmatism. You have a deep understanding of, and are highly informed by the purist approaches. You also have an understanding of what it takes to deliver working software.
- Completion. Delivery. Shipping working software with high usability to our customers is what matters most. Your biggest thrill from a big new idea comes when you see it working in the real world.
- Collaboration. Social activity is key to building software so you will play well with others. Figuring out the right thing for the team to do is not about winning a debate at any expense.
- Diversity. You value everyone's ideas, background, thoughts and culture.
- Curiosity. You love to learn. You continually, and deliberately, learn.
- Passion. You are passionate about software and data.