You may also like
Accounting Manager (Payment Section)
Bank of China
- Accounts Payable
Group Financial Controller / General Manager – garment / textile / mfg / Bangladesh
- Cost Control
Accounting Manager, Commercial Bank, 1263
Finance Manager, Regulatory Reporting, Banking, 1297 (HKD500,000 per annum)
- Accounts Payable
Compliance Manager - Reporting (Tax), 1319
- Accounts Payable
- Accounts Receivable
- Financial Analysis
- Financial Reporting
- Management Reporting
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Powerpoint
- Microsoft Word
Community Business is a not-for-profit organisation (Hong Kong Charity Number 91/6560) whose mission is to lead, inspire and support businesses to have a positive impact on people and communities. A recognised leader in advancing responsible and inclusive business practices in Asia, we are looking for a Finance Manager / Senior Accounts Clerk to provide key support to our accounting and finance. This is a role ideally suited for a professional who is self-motivated and passionate about impacting positive change.
This is a full-time role reporting to Senior Manager, Operations. Candidates with less experience but high potential may be offered the position of Senior Accounts Clerk. This role will include, but not be limited to the following responsibilities:
- Accounting Processes and Workflows.
- Manage full set of accounts independently and accurately – for both Community Business Limited (“CBL”) and CBL’s subsidiary in India, Community Business (India) Private Limited.
- Manage daily accounting processes including transaction inputs into accounting system and timely issuance of invoices, payments, cheques, receipts, etc.
- Manage accounts receivable: Proactively communicate with suppliers and customers to set up / maintain vendor accounts (vendor onboarding) as needed; Follow up collection of membership fees, training & consulting fees, fees for events and workshops, donations and pledges, etc.
- Manage accounts payable to ensure timely payments to vendors.Drive the annual budgeting process, liaising with senior managers for annual planning and budgeting for income and expenses.
- Support continuous monitoring of programme income / expenses, making recommendations for both increasing income and reducing expenses.
- Manage the annual audit process independently, liaising with external auditors for both Hong Kong and India.
- Other accounting duties including but not limited to the following: Filing income tax return to Hong Kong Inland Revenue Department from employer perspective; Prepare monthly Mandatory Provident Fund (MPF) remittance statement in a timely manner; Prepare payroll for; staff, consultants, contractors, etc.
Financial Analysis and Reporting
- Drive financial analysis, controls and reporting, including budgeting, forecasting, periodic reviews, and management reports.
- Prepare monthly financial reports for senior management and Financial Dashboard for Board of Directors.
- Present financial analysis and forecast at Board meetings / Annual General Meeting for both CBL and CBIPL as required.
- Formulate, update and implement accounting / financial policies and procedures, and make recommendations for continuous improvement and automation.
- Drive changes to improve effectiveness and efficiency of financial analysis and reporting processes and workflows.
- Other ad-hoc assignments as and when required.
Candidates should possess the following qualifications and attributes:
- CPA or equivalent.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in managing full set of accounts independently.
- Knowledge of accounting system MYOB preferred.
- Excellent communication skills – oral, written and presentation – with fluent English and Chinese language capabilities.
- A team player with good interpersonal and collaborative skills.
- Ability to multi-task and balance multiple projects / different priorities concurrently and meeting monthly reporting deadlines.
- Analytic and can work with data for quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- Self-motivated, with ability to work independently under time pressure as well as a strong team player.
- Has a critical mind, thinks creatively and has good problem-solving skills.
- Resilient, able to adapt to different situations and enjoy working in a dynamic, stimulating and fast-moving environment.
- Confidence and an interest to develop skills in meeting new people and communicate as well as interact with key stakeholders.
- A strong attention to detail.
- High degree of proficiency in Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and similar platforms.
Salary will be commensurate with the relevant experience of the successful candidate.
Starting date: As soon as possible
Please send your curriculum vitae (resume) together with a cover letter explaining the extent to which you meet the selection criteria. Applications that do not include a relevant cover letter will NOT be considered. Please also indicate your present and expected salary and date of availability.
Please send your application to email@example.com with “Application Finance Manager” on the subject line. Please note that posted letters will NOT be considered. Due to limited resources, Community Business will only contact short listed candidates.
Short listed candidates will be contacted by Community Business for interviews which will be held in Hong Kong. Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
About Community Business
Community Business is a not-for-profit organisation (Hong Kong Charity Number 91/6560) whose mission is to lead, inspire and support businesses to have a positive impact on people and communities. A recognised leader in advancing responsible and inclusive business practices in Asia, Community Business facilitates networks, conducts research and events, leads programmes and campaigns and provides training and consultancy. Our focus on responsible business is aligned to 5 mission-led themes:
- Building responsible leadership
- Investing in local communities
- Tackling workplace inequality
- Ensuring employee wellbeing
- Promoting social inclusion
Founded in 2003 and based in Hong Kong with a presence in India and the United Kingdom, Community Business works with companies of all sizes and from diverse industries across Asia, harnessing the power of business to drive social change.
For more information, please visit http://www.communitybusiness.org.
At Community Business we embrace diversity and are an equal opportunity employer. We provide an open, supportive, and inclusive workplace culture where every employee can be themselves and realise their potential.
|Career Level||Intermediate (3-6 years)|
|Qualification||Certified Public Accountant (HKICPA)|