You may also like
Head of Compliance - Expanding Fintech Firm
Head of Compliance, Director - HK & Greater China
Compliance Manager, SVP / Director - Fixed Income / Treasury
Sanctions AML - Team Head
Control Room Compliance - AVP to VP level
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Powerpoint
- Microsoft Word
- Project Management
Vice President, Compliance Control Group Officer
Location: APAC-HKG-Hong Kong-Hong Kong
Serves as a Control Group (aka Control Room) compliance risk officer for Independent Compliance Risk Management (ICRM) responsible for assisting with internal strategies, policies, procedures, processes, and programs to prevent violations of law, rule, or regulation and design and deliver a risk management framework that maintains risk levels within the firm's risk appetite and protect the franchise.
In addition, engages with the ICRM Product and Function coverage teams, in order to partner to develop and apply CRM program solutions that meet the ICG businesses and customer needs in a manner consistent with the Citi program framework. Primary responsibilities include monitoring compliance risk behaviors and providing day-to-day Compliance advice relating to the supported function/business/product and guidance on function/business/product rules/laws and interpretation on internal policies and procedures.
Key activities include:
- Assisting in the design, development, delivery and maintenance of best-in-class Compliance, programs, policies and practices for ICRM.
- Ensure that Control Group processes, including conflicts clearance, inside information assessments, wall crossings and updates to the watch and restricted list, are executed in an accurate and timely manner
- Working with the Firm’s Research division to provide advice on regulatory matters in relation to research product (e.g. Investor Education Research and ordinary course research publication) as well as managing the process for interaction between bankers and analysts in capital formation under the Firm’s policies and procedures.
- Review research product prior to publication in order to identify and address any problematic legal, regulatory and reputational issues.
- Providing guidance on rules and regulations relating to ICG information barrier, research publication and research/banking interaction issues, as well as, provide approvals and interpretation of internal compliance policies.
- Assisting with regulatory inquiries and/or examinations. This may include coordination with regulators and other parties.
- Collaborating with other internal areas including: Legal, Business Management, Operations, Technology, Finance, other Control Functions, and In-Business Risk to address compliance issues which may impact the supported function/business/product.
- Supporting the businesses in performing timely compliance reviews of new products.
- Assisting in the development and administration of Compliance training for the supported function/business/product.
- Researching any new reform rules and rule changes and implementing policies, procedures or other controls necessary to comply with the rules.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Education Level and/or relevant experience(s)
Required: Bachelor’s degree; experience in compliance, legal or other control-related function in the financial services firm, regulatory organization, or legal/consulting firm, or a combination thereof; strong working knowledge of function/business/product supported and the related operations and financial requirements
Preferred: MBA or JD a plus and exposure to Control Group/Room or Product Compliance roles within a financial services firm a plus.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of Compliance laws, rules, regulations, risks and typologies, including, but not limited to, inside information/MNPI rules and regulations.
- Must be a self-starter, flexible, innovative and adaptive
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively and with people at all levels of the organization
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to both work collaboratively and independently; ability to navigate a complex organization
- Advanced analytical skills
- Ability to both work independently and collaborate with team members
- Excellent project management and organizational skills and capability to handle multiple projects at one time
- Proficient in MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Demonstrates knowledge in area of focus