You may also like
The Walt Disney
VP / AVP Product Management, Securities & Fiduciary Services Global Transaction Services
- Business Strategy
SWEATER MERCHANDISER - garment manufacturer / trading/5 days work
QA QUALITY ASSURANCE MANAGER – garment manufacturing / production / operation management
- Microsoft Word
SENIOR MERCHANDISER / Asst Merchandising Manager – infant apparel / baby garment / mfg
- Product Management
- Risk Assessment
- Trade Finance
TTS - Trade Product Manager, VP
Location: APAC-HKG-Hong Kong-Hong Kong
Citi, the leading global financial services company, provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services. Additional information may be found at www.citigroup.com.
JOB BACKGROUND / BUSINESS CONTEXT
Trade is part of the Treasury & Trade Solutions (TTS) business of Citi’s Institutional Client Group (“ICG”). Trade involves a broad range of funded and unfunded trade products and solutions across 4 product pillars including Trade Services (eg. LCs, Collections etc.) ; Trade Finance (eg. receivables finance, export & import loans and portfolio financing solutions); Supplier Finance and Export & Agency Finance (EAF) that Citi provides to its ICG clients.
This role involves product management responsibility covering Trade Finance and Supplier finance product pillars for Citi’s Trade business in Hong Kong. Hong Kong is a large trading hub for the region, with a large client footprint with trade and related financing needs across the product pillar spectrum. Offshore Trade needs of large Chinese clients are serviced out of Hong Kong as well. Trade and related needs of clients are expected to evolve at a much faster pace given the advent of new technologies and business models. This is a great opportunity to be a part of a complex fast changing business and make an impact.
This role is based in Hong Kong and reports to the Trade Head for Hong Kong.
DESCRIPTION / KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for driving revenues of the Trade finance and Supplier finance product pillars.
- Understand customer needs and market trends and translate market opportunities into new offering and product enhancements. Engage with regional/global product teams and drive the local roll-out of global offerings and / or enhancements in order to maintain and enhance Citi’s position.
- Be a subject matter expert including understanding key pain points for clients and how we can add value and differentiate Citi offering from competition.
- Implement product initiatives, including technology platforms roll out and digitization.
- Partner with TTS sales and Banking to drive new deals as well as to grow utilization of existing facilities and programs. Manage and facilitate transaction approvals with key stakeholders.
- Provide ongoing product support for TTS sales team and Banking on products and / or channels, including arranging product training sessions for the sales team, banking, and operations and ensuring that the products are properly supported by client delivery.
- Develop strong working relationships with the implementation and operation teams and look for ways to improve efficiency, turnaround times and ensuring minimization of operational losses/errors.
- Ensure Product Program(s) are maintained and updated in a timely manner in accordance with Global Product Program and local regulatory and legal requirements, working with key stakeholders (Risk, Legal, Compliance, Operations).
- At least 5 years of work experience in a bank/FI.
- Prior product management and/or Trade experience (product management or structuring) will be an advantage.
- Mature and balanced professional with good overall banking knowledge and understanding of credit.
- Understanding and/or experience of working capital and short-term financing needs of corporates in HK/China will be an advantage.
Skills / Competencies:
- Strong analytical, product, risk assessment skills.
- Strong execution skills and attention to detail.
- Self-starter and strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal; competent in Microsoft Office.
- Committed, trusted team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Fluency in Mandarin/Cantonese is a plus.
- Graduate / Postgraduate qualification preferable.
- Accounting and/or Management background would be useful.
|Career Level||Intermediate (3-6 years)|
|Language||English, Cantonese, Mandarin (Putonghua)|