- Balance Sheets
- Product Management
TTS Head of Trade Treasury and Solutions HK VP/Director
Location: APAC-HKG-Hong Kong-Hong Kong
Citi, the leading global financial services company, provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services. Additional information may be found at www.citigroup.com.
Job Background/Business Context
Trade is part of the Treasury & Trade Solutions (TTS) business of Citi. Trade involves a broad range of funded and unfunded trade products and solutions including the following businesses; (i) Trade Services and Finance (including insurance letters of credit, export and import LCs/guarantees, receivables finance, bills discounting, distribution/distributor finance, export & import Loans, structured trade including pre-export loans and commodity backed financings); (ii) Supplier Finance; (iii) Export & Agency Finance (EAF)The role includes managing and working with trade product and sales teams and clients in Hong Kong with global trade, capital projects and investments across both ICG and CCB.
This role is based in Hong Kong and is responsible for Product Management for the Trade business of Citi in the Hong Kong. Hong Kong is a large trading hub for the region, with a large client footprint with trade needs across the product pillar spectrum. Offshore Trade needs of large Chinese clients are serviced out of Hong Kong as well.
This role reports to the TTS Head for Hong Kong with a matrix reporting to the Asia Trade Head.
Description and Key Responsibilities:
- P&L responsibility for Trade Hong Kong, with responsibility for growth and profitability across product pillars as well as expense management
- Responsible for all the country Product Programs, and to ensure that these are maintained and updated in a timely manner in accordance with Global Product Program and local regulatory and legal requirements, working directly with key stakeholders (Risk, Legal, Compliance, Operations).
- Defining product and pricing strategy towards meeting revenue and asset goals
- Presenting and obtaining internal approvals for all new and renewal of trade transactions in Hong Kong
- Working closely with Sales, Market Managers and Relationship Managers to drive origination momentum for new trade deals as well as to grow utilization of existing trade facilities and programs
- Implementing product initiatives, including technology platforms roll out and digitization
- Ongoing responsibility for management controls for products to ensure adherence with product programs and global product standards.
- Management of HK Asset Liability position, including booking of offshore
- Strong partnership with the trade implementations and operations teams constantly seeking ways to improve trade efficiency, turnaround times and ensuring minimization of operational losses/errors.
- Strong partnership with trade risk distribution to help trade effectively manage it's balance sheet, individual credit exposures and increase skim revenues.
- Exceptional focus on controls and processes in relation to Trade to ensure compliance with local and global regulations and product polices. Ensuring any deviations or exceptions are appropriately approved, documented and regularly reviewed.
- Seeking well rounded bankers with 10+ years relevant experience in multi-national banks.
- Prior Trade experience (product management or structuring)
- Proven track-record of team, people and business management skills.
- Strong credit skills and experience including broad knowledge of Citigroup credit and operational processes.
- Level: Director / Exceptional VPs with relevant skills and experience will be considered for the role
Skills / Competencies:
- Forward looking, with good judgment and a practical understanding of client and operational dynamics
- Ability to anticipate and mitigate operational / structural risks.
- Creative, innovative, high energy with strong initiative
- Strong execution skills: thorough follow-through and attention to detail
- Strong problem-solving skills; excellent interpersonal skills
- Committed, trusted team player
- Superior strategic and analytical skills.
- Superior operational trade transactional skills and experience
- Ability to interact at all levels of senior management.
- Post-graduate qualifications
- Accounting and Management background would be useful
|Career Level||Lead (more than 10 years)|