- Cash Management
- Corporate Communications
- Product Development
- Product Management
- Trade Finance
TTS APAC - Regional Head of Domestic Payments and Receivables Product
Location: APAC-HKG-Hong Kong-Hong Kong
The APAC regional domestic payments and receivables business is a key revenue driver contributing to the core cash business, with fee revenues of ~$75 MM p.a.) as well as contributing significantly to the franchise’s NRFF revenue.
This people-leader role will focus on growing client flows and revenues with focus on building key value propositions and instilling market management discipline around initiatives such as e-commerce opportunities in the region. This role also involves leading a team of 3 regional senior product managers and providing strategic product engagement and support with 15 country teams across APAC.
Asia Pacific is a region of vibrant transformation to digital payment systems, innovative ecommerce companies and an accelerated migration from paper to electronic transactions. As a result, this digitization effect has created opportunity to further embed TTS as a leading domestic cash management provider for our target client segments. Products such as Virtual Account, receivables matching and analytics help our clients digitize their business as they adapt and adopt to dynamically evolving payment systems.
PayLink is a leading domestic payments solution for Corporates, NBFIs, Banks and Public Sector entities. Our receivables management solutions such as Virtual Account, Direct Debit are emerging as key differentiators and innovation opportunity in a region where rapid digitization is accelerating. Our success with fast growing e-commerce companies is recognition of the value these solutions bring to their business.
As a result of the business strategy to focus on new payment and collections flows and capabilities, the business aspires to evolve from a paper-based payment service to becoming a digital payment solution bank, involving flexible modular electronic offerings capable of being adapted to a variety of client needs to win new flows and further increase our market share with clients in Asia. We can deepen strong market share and attract new flows given our strong local capabilities in these important markets coupled with an ability to deliver solutions across many markets in an integrated, consistent and seamless way.
The 2016 target is to achieve positive fee growth revenue and accelerate the growth trajectory in a sustainable manner over the next 3 years which will require executing growth and transformation priorities successfully.
Treasury and Trade Solutions (TTS) provides award-winning integrated cash management and trade finance services to multinational corporations, financial institutions and public sector organizations across the world. The TTS Asia business was recently awarded Euromoney’s Best Transaction Bank in Asia given our leading capabilities, solutions and depth of client relationships across 15 markets in Asia Pacific.
The Regional Product Head of Domestic Payments and Receivables will play a critical role in collaborating with 15 markets in APAC to drive growth and product innovation. This will require carefully prioritizing opportunities across client segments to develop robust connectivity to strategic payment systems, building scalable business models and fully leveraging regional and global processing platforms.
He/she will bring deep product expertise and execution discipline to drive competitive differentiation in our domestic transaction management offering, through the ability to:
- Articulate the business positioning through strategic assessment of the most attractive business opportunities
- Understand and anticipate client needs across APAC, ensuring the product roadmap delivers continuous and commercially relevant innovation
- Structure and manage the team to deliver on the business proposition and holistic strategy
- The role will involve working closely and extensively with country teams, the Regional Channels and Enterprise team, Asia Pacific Technology, and key partners in Product Sales, Operations, Technology and Client Delivery to optimize delivery of innovative product functionality to the existing client base, develop market strategies for new flows and segments, and maintain a pristine risk and control environment.
- Delivery of overall business positioning and vision to drive growth in volumes, margins, wallet share
- Establish the strategic priorities, initiatives and capability builds for relevant client segments in order to deliver positive revenue growth to deliver this vision
- Deliver financial targets for 2017
- Develop and drive strategic innovation in all components of domestic product platform (DDE, PPM, CS) to deliver solutions that increase scale, competitive differentiation and remain commercially relevant to clients
- Communicate strategic roadmap and value proposition clearly with clients, our sales teams and our partners. Participate and contribute in thought leadership activities including industry events, publications and panels
- Review and assess new domestic payment system developments in strategic markets (ACH, faster payments), evaluates potential products and services, and manages the development of new products or the modification and enhancement of existing products and services
- Develop deep product expertise within the team and lead multi cultural, multi site regional product management team as well as enterprise-wide leadership with global and regional functional partners
- Oversees the regulatory, risk and compliance of the domestic payments and receivables products in APAC. Engages with Auditors, Risk Managers, New Product Approval Committee members, Legal,
- Compliance officers and other individuals as needed in order to maintain a pristine risk and control environment
- Serve as subject matter expert for sales to help review client needs, solutioning, pricing, and present recommendations and proposals, assist in implementation and serve as liaison with internal and external partners/stakeholders to resolve complex client issues
- Systemically evaluate opportunities to automate key product processes and address existing product defects to improve overall client satisfaction and scalable service and support model.
- Senior role within a fundamental, core and dynamic product for TTS in a critical and growing region with deep and interesting markets critical to global clients
- Responsibility to lead a material and significant evolution of the TTS business in a very competitive and evolving market space
- Will develop detailed knowledge of a complex end-to-end business, and a range of skills across multiple facets of product development, business management, P&L management and Risk & Control.
- Develop team leadership skills and extensive end-to-end network
- Relationship building: will build important client relationships across each client segment, relationships across country and global product leads.
- MBA Preferred - Tertiary Qualification Essential
- Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience
- At least 6 years experience in cash management business
- Strong knowledge of product management disciplines
- Experience and knowledge across all components of payments preferred (e.g. operations, technology, client delivery, risk, market management, sales and/or business management experience)
- Leading cross-functional teams successfully (both direct reports and key partners – global and country)
- Strategic experience to develop vision for product roadmap and assessing most attractive client opportunity areas
- Strong analytical skills to prioritize opportunities, quickly distill complexity to most critical components and analyze wide range of information, draw conclusions and communicate data-driven findings
- Problem solving and solutioning skills to drive disciplined execution
- Strong communications skills given the range of cross-functional engagement required for success
- Strong technical knowledge preferred
- The successful candidate will have a strong strategic and commercial mindset, exceptional leadership capabilities, and have great interpersonal and communications skills
|Career Level||Intermediate (3-6 years)|
|Education Level||Bachelor to Master|