- Asset Management
- Capital Markets
- Internal Audit
- Quality Control
- Risk Management
Regional ICG Audit Director APAC
Location: APAC-HKG-Hong Kong-Hong Kong
Citi Internal Audit is a dynamic global function of over 1,900 professionals located across more than 60 countries, covering Citi's global businesses and service to clients and customers through its network in 98 countries. Through a culture of continuous improvement, Citi IA is focused on maintaining its position as a best in class IA function and is committed to investing in its people, learning and development, innovation and methodology programs.
The Internal Audit mission is to provide independent, objective, reliable, valued and timely assurance to the Board, senior management and regulators of Citigroup and Citibank (and its subsidiaries), over the effectiveness of culture, ethical conduct, governance, risk management, and controls that mitigate current and evolving risks and to enhance the control environment.
Citi ICG provides world-class financial products and solutions across a broad range of asset classes through its underwriting, sales and trading, distribution and research capabilities. Citi ICG’s platform is organized around four major geographic areas: Asia, Europe/Middle East/Africa, Latin America, and North America and has offices in nearly every major city around the globe.
Leads Citi IA ICG’s risk based audit approach for the APAC region to provide timely, complete, high quality and forward looking assurance over the culture, ethical conduct, governance, risk management and control framework. Proactively manages the regional IA ICG team, as well as IA’s relationships with key regional stakeholders, including the subsidiary Boards, Audit Committees, CCO’s, senior management and regulators. Establishes IA as a trusted function whose views are valued and respected. Owns the regional IA ICG brand within Citi and the marketplace, acts as a thought leader and drives the quest to be acknowledged as a competitive advantage, impactful and relevant. Ultimately, this role helps ensure there are no material corporate surprises and that the region manages current and future risks in line with the successful achievement of strategic business plans, whilst operating within all applicable regulatory and legal requirements. The role reports to the ICG Chief Auditor, with a matrix reporting line to the APAC Regional Chief Auditor.
- Regional IA ICG team – Attracts, develops, motivates and retains a highly diverse and effective regional IA ICG team. Works with the global IA ICG Chief Auditors to maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of IA ICG resources, taking into consideration the costs and experience of local and global auditors as well as leveraging different audit approaches and innovative audit tools. Identifies and develops talent providing long-term career opportunities within IA and other parts of Citigroup.
- Overall IA ICG view, audit coverage, and delivering assurance – Maintains an understanding of the industry market, legal and regulatory requirements, Citi business activities and material developments to ensure IA activity is sufficient and relevant to delivering timely assurance over material risks and ICG business areas. Provides an ongoing opinion on the adequacy of the regional ICG culture, ethical conduct, governance, risk management and control disciplines. Orchestrates and delivers consistent, high quality audit activity for the APAC IA ICG team.
- Regional and global regulatory relationships – Manages IA ICG’s regional regulatory relationships resulting in constructive 2-way dialogue, trust in the IA function and general reliance being placed on IA’s audit work. Meets specific regulatory requirements relating to IA whilst following the standard IA coverage model to the greatest extent possible. Acts as an IA host to visiting global regulators.
- Regional Senior management – Proactively interacts with ICG Senior management to provide credible challenge and positively influence the regional ICG culture, ethical conduct, governance, risk management and control frameworks. Escalates significant issues on a timely basis, including the adequacy of corrective actions. Contributes to the articulation and assessment of emerging risks and issues across the business, engages with the executive management and provides input to strategic dialogues.
- Subsidiary boards and audit committees – Advises the subsidiary boards and audit committees through, inter alia: updates on Citi IA ICG’s strategy and other developments; presenting and gaining buy-in to forward looking risk based audit plans; reporting on key IA activity including key risk issues and their management and or resolution; and providing timely assurance on culture, ethical conduct, governance, risk management and control matters. Partners with experts where required to provide insights on complex issues. Specifically ensures all material matters, including significant regional control issues, are identified and reported to the Citigroup and CBNA Audit Committee’s on a timely basis.
- Governance, risk and control committees (e.g. BRCC and CCC) – Provides impactful, valuable and ongoing IA input through active participation and formal reporting at key committees and meetings. Promote knowledge sharing and promulgation of best practices across IA ICG and IA overall.
- IA ICG Executive Management Team – Is a member of the IA ICG Executive Management Team and actively contributes to maintaining Citi IA as one of the leading IA functions in the financial services industry. Key areas of focus include: strategy, methodology, innovation, quality control, thought leadership and human capital management.
- Subject matter expertise regarding banking and capital markets services
- Strong leadership skills including a track record of identifying and developing world class talent Experienced in attracting, developing, motivating and retaining a diverse and effective team
- Senior presence and expert in building and maintaining strong open relationships with senior stakeholders, working as a partner and exerting influence in a constructive manner
- Thought leader in current IA best practice, innovative IA developments and leading the design and delivery of quality risk based forward looking audit plans Experience of successfully managing major transformational projects and delivering audit activity
- Advanced understanding of culture, ethical conduct, governance, risk management and control frameworks in leading international organizations
- Ability to quickly comprehend the true risks of complex global issues, escalate to the appropriate level and provide advice on pragmatic solutions
- Outstanding performer, open minded, resilient, agile, energetic, self-starter, articulate and empathetic whilst being confident to deliver opinions to bring about positive outcomes
- Proven and progressive business, audit, accountancy or other broad relevant experience, preferably including the regional market and regulatory environment
- Educated to degree level and preferred holder of a relevant professional qualification (eg CA, CPA, ACA or CIA)
|Qualification||Certified Public Accountant (HKICPA), Chartered Accountant Qualification (ACA), Certified Internal Auditor|