KYC Sr Manager
Location: APAC-HKG-Hong Kong-Hong Kong
Candidate will be responsible for leading the regional Know Your Customer (KYC) program and strategy, driving delivery of project, control & policy adoption and implementation.
The Information Services Group (ISG) is responsible for providing authoritative sources of reference data to our clients across the Institutional Client Services (ICG) organization, through implementing state of the art technologies which promote the collection, storage, analysis, and distribution of product, pricing, account and corporate action data. The ISG organization works in partnership with data clients across all ICG business lines, deploying solutions to increase their competitiveness, through restructuring business processes, simplifying information access, and providing business intelligence around critical data.
The KYC Operations Group is an AML/KYC support and control function within the Institutional Clients Group responsible for the research and preparation of the Customer Acquisition Due Diligence and associated documentation in partnership with Relationship Management and Compliance.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate thought leadership, operational excellence and strategy, change management, people management and ability to communicate effectively both internally within the KYC Operations group as well as the business across multiple countries in Asia.
This role is for an experienced strategic driver, with at least 5 years management experience within the KYC / AML environment. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of delivery in fast paced environment successfully managing key regional initiatives and driving strategic delivery of change & policy adoption.
Key areas of focus will include:
- Represent the KYC function in senior management discussions and key stakeholder meeting across the business, compliance and operations
- Working with Global KYC management team to develop target operating mode for Quality Control, covering people, process and technology
- Key contributor to the Global KYC strategy
- Have a proactive approach to business issues, identifying areas of improvement & enhancement including the automation of processes
- Ensure proper and effective governance of tasks and processes with reference to internal policy & external regulation
- Working with compliance, the business and KYC teams globally on interpretation and implementation of new AML policies and Alignment to Quality Control Function
- Work towards developing globally consistent process and practices
- Develop the on-going KYC training plan to develop and enhance staff knowledge of business and product
- Manage KYC Operations project book of work, including strategic program roll out, major and minor system enhancements
- Assess operational impact of change
- Manage operational implementation of technology and policy change
- Drive continuous improvements to quality of data and client service levels
- Create efficiencies through on-going utilisation of low cost centres for data management
- Point person and point of escalation for the team and its stakeholders
- Central point of coordination for vendor strategy and third party interactions
The successful candidate will have an excellent opportunity to further develop and their leadership skills and values within the AML / KYC regulatory environment and play a key role in developing and implementing the KYC strategy for Asia working directly with the Asia Head through a program that has regional and global exposure to seniors in the business and O&T.
- 5 years management / leadership experience within the KYC / AML environment
- Proven track record of leading delivery
- Proven ability to interpret and implement change on a regional / global level
- Proven people and stakeholder management skills working with senior levels of an organisation including the business and compliance
- Experience of AML / compliance policy environment including implementation / adoption of change
- Familiarity with external products and services within the KYC / COB environment
- Good knowledge of MS Office Suite, including proficiency in Excel
- Strong leadership skills as well as the ability to execute across different geographic locations
- Must possess good communication skills with the ability to be assertive
- Strong organization skills with an excellent attention to detail
- Ability to focus on high quality work while under pressure
- Strong understanding of AML / KYC concepts and challenges
- Good academic qualifications would be desirable, but less relevant than a proven track record in AML/KYC and/or operational reference data
- Financial services related qualifications would be advantageous (e.g. IAQ or similar)
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
- A Leader and strategic thinker
- Good communication skills – this will be a role with a high level of client interaction as well as exposure to senior levels of the firm
- Able to Manage up and well as down
- Very proactive approach to process improvement, actively seeks opportunities for change that benefit the wider team/process
- Proactive/can do attitude with problem solving mind set
- Anti Money Laundering (AML)
- Business Intelligence
- Change Management
- Data Management
- Know Your Customer (KYC)
- Microsoft Excel
- Process Improvement
- Quality Control
- Team Management