You may also like
Manager (Risk Management)
Hong Kong Interbank Clearing Limited
- Financial Risk
Manager/ Senior Manager, Financial Risk
AIA Group Limited
- Asset Liability Management
- Asset Management
Private Wealth Management Asia, Suitability Risk Manager
- Due Diligence
- Market Risk
Vice President, Wealth Management Credit, Risk Management Group
(Senior) Financial Risk Manager (Product Control Analysis)
Bank of China
- Business Development
- Credit Analysis
- Credit Risk
- Risk Management
HK Risk Remedial Management Officer Commercial Banking Risk
Location: APAC-HKG-Hong Kong-Hong Kong
- Work closely with Head of Remedial Management Unit, Independent Risk and Business teams of Commercial Banking (“CCB”) Hong Kong in managing the classified accounts.
- Proactively manage the assigned accounts. Formulate and implement appropriate account strategies and actions to maximize recovery and minimize credit loss.
- Conduct credit calls of assigned accounts in Hong Kong or in cross-border / overseas locations as required.
- Interact with internal and external customers, legal, finance and external counterparties as necessary. Directing the external legal and insolvency/restructuring professionals’ involvement in the workout or legal actions, and managing fee expenses.
- Evaluate collateral and documentation to identify any documentation exceptions / deficiencies, and to determine appropriate remedial / recovery strategy.
- Assess and recommend cost of credit actions. Responsible for Cost of Credit analysis (actual / plan / forecast) of assigned accounts.
- Conduct Special Mention Assessments.
- Conduct Management Control Assessments and support the implementation of Remedial Management Commercial Risk Standards in CCB Hong Kong.
- Prepare regular and ad-hoc management information requirements for assigned accounts as required.
- Work with members of Remedial Management Unit, Independent Risk and Business teams of CCB Hong Kong as required on special projects and initiatives.
- Deputize Head of Remedial Management Unit Hong Kong in his/her absence.
- Possess a sound understanding of remedial and credit risk management; recognizes issues and is able to establish and process risk mitigation plans from inception to implementation
- Possess technical expertise in Commercial Banking lending and trade product
- Subject Matter Expert in the areas of problem loan recognition and recovery management
- Proficient in negotiating restructures with customers, bank group lenders, and internal product/ customer partners including Legal, Enterprise Risk Management,
- Compliance and Control, Finance partners
- Solid knowledge in legal proceedings and enforcement actions
- Strong communication and negotiation skills with customers, internal and external partners
- Experienced in applicable regulations, guidelines, and practices
- Proficient in the adverse classification process and documenting an appropriate action plan for identified troubled, stressed, or distressed loans Experience in leading multi-bank workout is an advantage
- Understand and able to articulate alternative transactions (pros/cons); identifies the related market, credit, operational, and legal/regulatory risks associated with the specific transaction / borrower / portfolio / market
- Strong account strategy formulating and implementation skills
- Excellent analytical and credit skills
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, with ability to synthesize and present argument in a logical and rational manner
- Ability to work well under pressure in an ever-changing environment
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Chinese (Cantonese / Mandarin)
- Bachelor’s degree with 7+ years of Banking experience, with tenure in risk and / or remedial capacities
- Minimum of a Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or Business (MBA preferred)
|Career Level||Senior (6-10 years)|
|Language||English, Cantonese, Mandarin (Putonghua)|